Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Flopped straight - flush draw on board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard

button is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he was. What really stunk was my 400BB stack was useless after this hand. He left and nobody had anything worth playing for.

I hear standard but does that mean pushing would have also been correct if BB's stack was bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your read is that he has a tasty hand, then yes, because he's calling, plus it almost looks like an isolation raise
Old 02-10-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
std

edit: I wasn't looking at preflop, I wouldn't call 6x BB if the raiser had only 17 left, only if I was sure I was getting it all in if I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have added that I was pretty sure of that. Button was aggressive and bad. I took the other half of his stack a few hands earlier with a flopped set of two's that rivered quads. He donked each street and called my raises the whole way then folded to my river push after he donked that too. There was no straight or flush possible.

Also, does this not fit the 5/10 rule?
Old 02-10-2006, 02:45 PM

There's a little bit more to the five/ten rule than just call or not call based on it being less than five percent. [ QUOTE ]
When contemplating calling a raise because your position is good, you have a clear call if the amount is less than five percent of your stack, and a clear fold if it is more than ten percent. In between those numbers, use your judgement. Keep in mind that the raiser is your most likely target, so make sure he has plenty of money to be won, as well as watching your own ammunition supply.
Pot-Limt and No-Limit Poker
Reuben and Ciaffone

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-10-2006, 02:52 PM

Why do we not want to c/r this flop?

I agree that the L-R-R by button screams biggie, and you're holding a giantkiller on the flop. Add in the fact that you're out of position and are up against at least one aggressive opponent, and the fact that the board is draw-heavy. You have a PF raiser AND re-raiser on your left. They're gonna open the betting for you, guaranteed. draw-heavy, and a c/r seems to me to be the obvious choice. If you c/r, it may well look like a semibluff, meaning that your opponents may stack off on the flop thinking they've made a defensive maneuver -- something you want to happen, since virtually all hands are drawing very thin against you.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also dump it if I hit 1 pair and face any action at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Preflop is sorta marginal given stack sizes. This is the one hand that you hit, but was it enough to make up for all the other times you play this and miss? It's probably close. After preflop, it's a nh.