Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Bottom Set vs. 4_2_It

4_2: A8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], with a semibluff on the flop? Hoping the ace is clean could help justify you calling those pot sizers.

it's really hard to put someone on a specific hand when they don't bet.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious, what hand does everyone think I had?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't be pair+fd (since most of the deuces are covered), this is too passive to be straight+flush draw and I don't think you're calling the turn bet with a regular flush draw.

I don't see you playing KQ like this either
Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4_2: A8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], with a semibluff on the flop? Hoping the ace is clean could help justify you calling those pot sizers.

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] nyet!

Semibluff, hmmmmmmmm.

[ QUOTE ]
it's really hard to put someone on a specific hand when they don't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember this hand, but I hope that I folded to your bet and didn't look up your missed flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit - I think I remember now. I was not drawing to nearly as many outs as I thought. Nicely played.

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2, what circumstances (ie hand value, bet size, timing, etc) would you have to see in order for the possibility of calling on suspicion of a missed flush draw on the river.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two spades. You're not playing KJ this passively, you're not completing you're SB with K2 or J2, it's gotta be some type of combo draw. Most likely Ax that picked up extra wheel outs on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were my thoughts exactly. Only hand I was really worried about was A4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Earlier I saw him let someone keep betting into his set of A's and thought he might try the same move here and come over the top when I bet the river.

FWIW - I checked behind. Betting was clearly the right play though.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:30 PM

A5s?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember this hand, but I hope that I folded to your bet and didn't look up your missed flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit - I think I remember now. I was not drawing to nearly as many outs as I thought. Nicely played.

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2, what circumstances (ie hand value, bet size, timing, etc) would you have to see in order for the possibility of calling on suspicion of a missed flush draw on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any stats on hero so I figured he was the typical Absolute player who does not wake up unles they have a hand, so I gave him credit for something like KQ, KT with an outside shot at KJ or other odd two-pair. I knew he was most likely not on a flush draw (see next paragraph).

I had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (if I remember correctly) and was considering a 3-bet push for a nano-second, but with the deep stacks I knew I was only getting called by a set. I thought that any spade, Q or A would make my hand good as long as it didn't pair the board. I believed (wrongly) that I was getting okay pot odds and great implied odds (especially if Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits) with these stack sizes. (This is a great example of the Fundamental Theorem in action.)

No way am I calling anything other than a total river donk bet of something like $2 because I am beat here 99% of the time.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something similar to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2006, 12:38 PM

If it were anyone else, I'd say value bet 1/2 pot on the river since a bad king will call.

Given the opponent, no hand you beat will call any bet. Therefore a river bet serves no +EV purpose, and I check behind to see what the hell he's doing & make sure my read is right.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (if I remember correctly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again. How is anyone supposed to guess if you can't. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Too many super bowl beers?