Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Palms $1,000,000 Freeroll

Based on the OP, it sounds like even if only 200 people qualify, they will fill more seats with people who got near to qualifying. Maybe up to 500? I haven't seen the actual release.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the OP, it sounds like even if only 200 people qualify, they will fill more seats with people who got near to qualifying. Maybe up to 500? I haven't seen the actual release.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, but the minimum number of hours to be able to get in at all is 300 hours.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:35 AM

300 hours for 60/mth shouldn't be THAT hard.

Word will spread about this.

If they get 500 players for this then the entry is $2k in value for each player on average.

I'm going to approximate that 300 hours will only get $1k in tourney value due to the chip-stack reduction (which we don't know details about yet of course, just guessing).
So that's $3.33/hr in value.

It ends up working like a generous comp-system for super high-volume players. (although I believe players will continue to get $1 an hour in comps while they're playing as well so that's something I guess).

For the 500 hour players I'll guess the entry is $4k in tourney-value.
So that's $8/hr (plus an extra $1/hr earned for comps).

Not completely horrible.

But it's interesting to me how they could say, "Play 100 hours a month at our site and get paid $8/hr" and lots of people would say, "So what."

But if they say, "Entry to $1-million tourney!!!" which is essentially the same thing (a little worse actually since you don't get to choose how to spend your own $8/hr) it will no doubt bring in the customers.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But if they say, "Entry to $1-million tourney!!!" which is essentially the same thing (a little worse actually since you don't get to choose how to spend your own $8/hr) it will no doubt bring in the customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely true. Win the thing or place high and you can spend the money any way you wish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 01:09 PM

Good plan.

Everyone - If you are going to put in the hours for something like this I believe Photoc is correct that it will be much more worthwhile if you actually win it.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good plan.

Everyone - If you are going to put in the hours for something like this I believe Photoc is correct that it will be much more worthwhile if you actually win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

leveling?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 PM

um, are you levelling me by asking if I'm levelling?

More importantly, am I levelling you by asking if you're levelling me by asking if I'm levelling?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

leveling?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO My point exactly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Results in white
<font color="white">somewhere between 5th and 7th </font>
Old 12-26-2006, 02:39 PM

Didn't the Venetian have people in their freeroll last year that didn't qualify through hours (after telling us that wouldn't be the case)?

The money certainly is sweet but when I read "TV Production Company" I get a sneaking suspicion that the usual suspects will be invited to play for free while everyone else has to do their time to get in. Hell, I'll still take advantage of the offer but it would be nice to know upfront, if it will truly be a freeroll for others.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:35 PM

I thought my statement was so obviously silly that maybe it only qualified as 2nd leveling...or 1st-and-a-half or something.

7th leveling type stuff is reserved for guys like El Diablo who operate in a completely different stratosphere.

The 'heads-up collusion' debate in NVG that was started by Jihad, continued by ElD and others, and suckered many poor individuals into looking rather foolish, would be more of an example of 7th leveling.