Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Passing a sobriety test

[ QUOTE ]
If you refuse the test, what do the police do to you? Take you to the police station and then what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

In Florida, there is no PBT, so if you're gonna get breathalyzed it's at the station. Once the cops have decided that you're drunk enough to bother to take you to the station, you're automatically spending the night in jail, no matter what. You can get to the station and blow a 0.00, it makes no difference, you will go to jail and be booked for DUI. Same thing if you refuse, you will go to jail regardless.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, from what i've heard that test they do with the light and your eyes is nearly impossible to pass if you are anywhere near or over the legal limit, due to the fact that your eyes will shake/twitch. so im guessing OP didn't drink as much as he thought he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding of how it works (in FL at least) your field sobriety test works on a point system. So lets say theres 5 parts (one being the eye test) you can get say from between 1-10 points on each part. So lets say your eyes are twitching a bit and the guy gives you 5/10 on the eye test, you can still pass the overall score by aceing the other sections.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you refuse the test, what do the police do to you? Take you to the police station and then what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

In PA, if you refuse, you still get taken for a BAC and you still get charged with DUI along with filling out a refusal form.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The results don't change the fact that he handled this really bad. If op is telling the truth about time frames and amount drank he was prob over the limit, and just got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]
The decision to drive was stupid. The decision to be (somewhat) honest about the drinking may have been correct. I've read that it's quite easy to smell when the occupants of a car have been drinking; if a cop smells alcohol but then the driver utterly denies having had any, the driver might lose all credibility and wind up going to jail instead of being released when it's a "close call" situation on the field sobriety.

[ QUOTE ]

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone getting a field sobriety test, and not having to take a breathalyzer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got pulled over a couple of months ago, and wasn't breathalyzed.