Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: KK blind battle

That's a possibility. Though I have never seen it before, that I'm aware of.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 PM

I don't like calling PF in this spot. I mean, if you really think he has aces, fold. Otherwise, shove PF. If you were calling because you thought he was 4-betting light, then you're probably shoving on the flop so long as an A doesn't appear.

As played, you're still behind AA, and now QQ. I guess you beat JJ/TT and AK here, and maybe another weaker holding if he thought you were making a move on him (ulikely given reads).
Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling PF in this spot. I mean, if you really think he has aces, fold. Otherwise, shove PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's folding everything but AA and the other KK if I shove. Maybe that is ok against this guy.

Edit: Also, 200bb stacks...
Old 11-03-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How light would he 4-bet you here? Is his range honestly only QQ+, AK? Tighter, looser?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never noticed a light 4-bet before. I am sure he is capable of it though. We are talking > 500 hands maybe closer to 1000. I don't recall exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would consider reraising with TT,JJ, AQ a "light" 4-bet. I think he has AA here less than you think honestly if your reads are good. I think I like Ya's response of calling flop, re-evaluating turn with position w/ the intent of getting it allin. If you're ahead you get more value this way if he fires turn again. If you honestly think you're not ahead then you dump it pf. You know he's c-betting any flop probably, might check a set to you I guess. He's firing this flop all day w/ AK though.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would consider reraising with TT,JJ, AQ a "light" 4-bet. I think he has AA here less than you think honestly if your reads are good. ...... If you honestly think you're not ahead then you dump it pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider those light too. No way to dump it preflop. But on the flop we have to start considering things.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he seem like someone who would be more likely to 4bet you since you seem like a good player that may be making a move? This makes TT/JJ/AQ more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys were all right but Yaboosh was dead on. I was SB and had AQ. BB folded the KK or so he said. I believe him and then I told him I had QQ and he made a good fold so who knows. He did use all his time before folding and on AP that's a lot.

To his credit I almost never 4-bet and I pretty much only do it with AA/KK/QQ and then I usually put the villain all-in. So he had never seen me make a move like this before because it was probably the first time I ever did it. I just figured this was a good time vs. the right guy to give it a try.

Also, I don't like my flop bet. I think in the $30's would look more like it was for value and not as weak.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would consider reraising with TT,JJ, AQ a "light" 4-bet. I think he has AA here less than you think honestly if your reads are good. ...... If you honestly think you're not ahead then you dump it pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider those light too. No way to dump it preflop. But on the flop we have to start considering things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you find the Q to be a scary card?

IMO if you're going to fold this hand anywhere PF is the place to do it because you're not getting odds to chase a set.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is this because you find the Q to be a scary card?

IMO if you're going to fold this hand anywhere PF is the place to do it because you're not getting odds to chase a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, If I was BB I go broke with KK to AA on a non broadway flop. With the Q out there we are now losing to QQ as well as AA. Which based on the action is a strong possibility.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM

You sly dog dave. Yeah that only works with a competent opponent.