Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 05:45 PM

Default KK blind battle

Villain in this hand is playing TAG and is very likely 2+2. We have played a lot together and have a similar image. There is mutual respect, i believe, and we usually avoid each other for the most part. How do we continue if at all?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $129.31
UTG+1: $99.25
CO: $39.80
Button: $53.72
SB: $97.25
Dave: $108.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Dave is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Dave raises to $8.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $28.5</font>, Dave calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($57.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $28</font>, Dave ???.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: KK blind battle

I would push... but i always get stacked so..
Old 11-03-2006, 05:55 PM

I push preflop. As played, I push the flop.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 200BB stacks...

[ QUOTE ]

As played, I push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What worse hand calls? What better hand folds? What are we possibly beating? We know he doesn't have AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 11-03-2006, 06:11 PM

You better believe he can have any AK here.

You play with this guy a lot. Does he play preflop like this with JJ/AQ? If so, he definitely bets like that with those hands, as well as any AK, and also QQ/AA of course.

If you don't think he plays preflop like this with TT/JJ/AQ, against a range of AK/AA/QQ, you are a 45/55 dog. With the above range (a little bit wider, up to you whether or not he has those in his range) you improve to a 65/35 favorite over his range.

If you think he can play JJ/AQ like this preflop, I call to let him bet again on the turn. Maybe check the turn, maybe push it, depending on how aggressive you think he will be on the river with hands you beat.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:13 PM

How light would he 4-bet you here? Is his range honestly only QQ+, AK? Tighter, looser? If thats his range you're in trouble obv. Has he 4-bet you or anyone pf? For 100 bb I def stack off here. Even for 200 bb I think I still go AI on flop. I think if you both recognize each other as good players, he would 4-bet light here knowing you could be restealing here. Tough call, I'm interested in the results when the discussion's through if you don't mind.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You better believe he can have any AK here.

You play with this guy a lot. Does he play preflop like this with JJ/AQ? If so, he definitely bets like that with those hands, as well as any AK, and also QQ/AA of course.

If you don't think he plays preflop like this with TT/JJ/AQ, against a range of AK/AA/QQ, you are a 45/55 dog. With the above range (a little bit wider, up to you whether or not he has those in his range) you improve to a 65/35 favorite over his range.

If you think he can play JJ/AQ like this preflop, I call to let him bet again on the turn. Maybe check the turn, maybe push it, depending on how aggressive you think he will be on the river with hands you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I meant specifically AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] because we have K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I put his range at JJ+/AK. TT/AQ are highly unlikely. I think JJ and AK are a little less likely given the flop but certainly not out of the question.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 PM

I disagree about the flop unless this is a read specific to the villain. That looks like a bet that could be made by either QQ/AA or AK/JJ/AQ. He is making a mistake if he checks JJ/AK there, proven by your distress over your hand here.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How light would he 4-bet you here? Is his range honestly only QQ+, AK? Tighter, looser?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never noticed a light 4-bet before. I am sure he is capable of it though. We are talking &gt; 500 hands maybe closer to 1000. I don't recall exactly.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:25 PM

Does he seem like someone who would be more likely to 4bet you since you seem like a good player that may be making a move? This makes TT/JJ/AQ more likely.