Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Re: The Pill...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone got some insight or experience with mood swings a woman gets after starting to take these pills?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple years back I was dating a girl who was a little crazy (overly clingy, bordering on stalkerish, mostly) but managable.

Until she went on the pill.

It was something I was all for - just about everyone I'd ever been with since freshman year of college had been on the pill. She didn't have insurance but I was more than happy to cover the costs - when you looked at monthly condom expenses you really weren't talking about that much difference anyways.

But then around a month from starting on it, she went absolutely batsh*t insane on the pill. Turned in to an absolute superb*tch, to the point that we couldn't stand to be around each other except at night, to [censored] and then go to sleep immediately. It was literally like someone had flipped a switch and changed out her personality from an enjoyable and caring girl to a mean-spirited, emotionally unstable, angry and bitter woman.

She recognized it, though, and went off the pill after a week or two of this, saying that she didn't like herself on the pill and apologized tremendously. But she told me something very chilling - her mom, who was also a straight psycho and had done quite a bit of emotional as well as physical abuse to this girl, well her mom was - according to her dad - aparently pretty normal until she got preggo and the accompanying hormonal changes aparently turned her in to the psycho she was while she was raising the kids.

I came to the rather immediate conclusion that any potential long term relationship here would be a bad idea - that this girl was aparently one hormone shift away from absolute batsh*t insanity and balancing on that thin hormonal ledge was not a good place to be...

So yeah, I hear you soko, its definately happened to me before.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you dated a woman once?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
re Depo: Seriously? I know three girls who tried it and had nothing but problems. Low libido, dryness, mood swings. It's been linked to bone density issues as well. I haven't read up that much on it because it seriously freaks me out. I do okay on the Pill (very few side effects) so I think I might just stick to that.

I've considered the patch, but I think I'd obsess about it falling off.

[censored], sometimes I really hate being a woman.

Out of curiousity, do you guys help pay for the birth control?

[/ QUOTE ]

You usually don't have to worry about the patch falling off (my GF used to use it), but I recently saw a commercial about the patch that highlighted some pretty negative side effects. Plus it costs a fair amount more than the pill.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:48 PM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Most people know that antibiotics negate the effectivenss of the pill - however most people do not realize the long list of other things that render it useless (or can):

Sleep Aids (prescription and non-prescription)
Allergy Remedies including OTC
Muscle Relaxants
Cough Cold Remedies

I would highly reco that you and your girlfriend do some hard core research and ensure that you are being safe when you think you are..........Trust me on this one I know! (and there were a few more things on the list that I can not remember know or where not really relevant to the girl I was with).
end.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people know that antibiotics negate the effectivenss of the pill - however most people do not realize the long list of other things that render it useless (or can):

Muscle Relaxants
Cough Cold Remedies

I would highly reco that you and your girlfriend do some hard core research and ensure that you are being safe when you think you are..........Trust me on this one I know! (and there were a few more things on the list that I can not remember know or where not really relevant to the girl I was with).
end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I found this out the hard way too. Sigh.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Muscle Relaxants
Cough Cold Remedies

end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I found this out the hard way too. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored] this sounds terrible. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you dated a woman once?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, pick up some more defenses. I don't think seven will be enough.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so uh, what does the pill actually do?

[/ QUOTE ]birth control pill?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. I've never really understood the mechanisms because girls still ovulate and go through the menstrual cycle. anyone?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:48 PM

Excuses are like [censored], everyone's got one and they all stink. It's not the pill, its her just being a bitch.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:50 PM

Well if she does get pregnant you could always just wait till she falls asleep, put a phone book to her stomach and slug her.. Effective birth control and won't leave a mark.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so uh, what does the pill actually do?

[/ QUOTE ]birth control pill?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. I've never really understood the mechanisms because girls still ovulate and go through the menstrual cycle. anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pill prevents ovulation. The abrupt stopping of the pill (during the placebo week) simulates a "period."