Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Razz $1/$2 - call down light, hope Villain paired

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.85 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.93 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.93 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (8.93 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (10.93 BB - $21.85)

Villain here is a fairly regular player at $1/$2 through $3/$6, fairly tight starting hand selection (VP$IP under 25%) and has been winning recently (running over +8 BB/100 in the last 400 hands I have on him).

Does Villain's three bet on 3rd street imply an Ace in the hole often enough to make this call down?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Razz $1/$2 - call down light, hope Villain paired

If there wasn't so much money in the pot I would fold this against a very solid player.

In this case I think this is an easy call:
There is about 8SB already in the pot, it costs 1SB to take a shot at what will become a 10SB pot on 5th. You will outflop him about %25 of the time(he bricks & you catch a non pairing low card). In that case you will have at least %50 equity in the pot. 10SB * 0.25 * 0.50 - 1SB > 0 => Calling is +EV

Plus there is a very good probability that the A paired. For the rest, I think you are obliged to call.

By the way, what is your BB/100 stats jbrennen?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM

I think a solid villain turns up with a 3-card bike most of the time, and a 3-card 6 the rest of the time (if he thinks you think he's stealing and you could be raising light) with a little extra weight to an A in the hole. Given that the hand pretty much plays itself.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, what is your BB/100 stats jbrennen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to give out too much detailed information, but I did post this back in July about the time that I started getting active on these forums:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...0#Post11193230

None of those averages have changed dramatically since then. Three of those four winrates have improved since then, one has fallen.