Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:04 PM

Default How to remove PokerStars properly from my computer

Is it possible to remove PokerStars, so when i install stars again, it wont know my screenname?

I think i explained it weird, but i wanna uninstall stars I can datamine anonymously.

thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: How to remove PokerStars properly from my computer

Im not sure but even if u do this stars can look at ur up address and link u to it that way and know that ur violating the rules, so if u do this do it on another comp with a different location I guess.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM

that's what i'll do, but i had stars installed on that computer, and logged in on it.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM

Can't you datamine while logged out or do you have to be logged in?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:28 PM

its much easier than this actually .. all you need to do is go to accounts in the windows control panel and create a new windows account. Login into the new account and create a new account. Only available in windows vista/xp home though.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 PM

You can datamine pokerstars. Just make sure you are NOT logged in. I use the handtracker from chessvortex. It works great. Just make sure u dont log in while using it
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its much easier than this actually .. all you need to do is go to accounts in the windows control panel and create a new windows account. Login into the new account and create a new account. Only available in windows vista/xp home though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong here, and I'll also qualify this by saying I don't try to datamine on stars, but I really doubt PS can tell what windows account you are logging into on your home computer with. They probably can look at your IP address though, but most ISP's give people DHCP so that depends on your ISP and how often, if ever, your IP address changes. Also I'm sure they can look at who's actually logged into PS stars from your machine assuming your logged in.

Not knowing much about it, I would either try it on a reimaged computer that's never had PS installed. Or remove PS from ARP, remove the program files dir, remove the local machine and current user registry software hive/anything poker stars related keys, and try to tell if your IP address ever changes, or if it doesn't ever change, maybe do it at a different physical location (I know not very feasible and that may just be paranoia).

EDIT: I forgot the obv, not only can they probably not tell what windows account your logged into your computer with they 99% don't care cause the account name on most systems is probably something like owner/user or even bobo, you can make the account name whatever you want.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 PM

1) obv datamining on stars is against the rules. don't do it, 'cause otherwise you'll have your acct closed and make a whining post in the internet gambling forum complaining about this.

2) there is other stuff they can check.

(in short, if you have to ask the question, you don't have the knowledge to do it, and thus, you shouldn't do it.)