Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: T9 5sng.. I want to shove.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise this OOP, especially against most low level players who are way too loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right , but you would raise this if they would fold often enough .

Against an habitual limper , it's so important that you occasionally throw in some raises oop .
Old 11-07-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise this OOP, especially against most low level players who are way too loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right , but you would raise this if they would fold often enough .

Against an habitual limper , it's so important that you occasionally throw in some raises oop .

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, i would say on average that most low stakes guys limp-call with too wide of a range for this to be very profitable though. if you have a read that they will fold to a 4 x bb raise oop its a great hand to do it with though.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 PM

I don't believe that this guys was going to fold.

JayShark, why would I bother if I am pretty sure that I could get a large part of his stack later in the hand if I hit? Deception seems pointless in this game, and I doubt that pot-size is going to effect his decisions. In fact, the way that this very flop came down, I would be more likely to screw up my post flop play, correct?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe that this guys was going to fold.

JayShark, why would I bother if I am pretty sure that I could get a large part of his stack later in the hand if I hit? Deception seems pointless in this game, and I doubt that pot-size is going to effect his decisions. In fact, the way that this very flop came down, I would be more likely to screw up my post flop play, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that if deception is not important , then you should stick to the basics . What type of hands otf would you say he would raise with ?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:57 PM

This is the full hand. If I am say, 80% sure of my read, would it be OK to crai on the turn? Or is it better to just let him bluff?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1970)
Hero (t1030)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls t10, Hero checks.

Flop: (t40) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t80</font>, Hero calls t60.

Turn: (t200) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t80</font>, Hero calls t80.

River: (t360) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t80</font>, Hero calls t80.

Final Pot: t520
Old 11-08-2007, 06:04 PM

if you are so sure that he is on a flush draw you will get SO much more value out of your hand by check/calling the turn and letting him bluff a non-spade river