Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 10-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Friend\'s hand

OK, maybe I am a dummy, but I probably would have just called the 3 bet on the flop and tried to get in a raise or two on the turn when the bets are bigger. Is this incredibly bad? I never would have guessed that someone would put in that many bets on the flop with just an overpair, could anyone else really expect that?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:28 PM

I do agree with James - there are waaay too many cards that can come that mess up my action. And they did. J on the turn and K on the river are certainly not good cards as those are two pairs I can have. Also spade would suck - not many people in the day crowd do the 5 bet for the free card play though.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:40 PM

It seems to me that villian's dark check on the flop changes it a little bit from the original post:
We are now able to get in more bets on the flop than we otherwise might, because dark checkers and their opponents seem to get into the "you're FOS! No, You're FOS! No, YOU'RE FOS"-type raising wars more often. When you're not FOS, this can be a beautiful thing.

In a normal hand, I would expect an opponent with aces or a smaller set to slow down after X bets (depending on opponent.) In one where one of the players has dark checked, I often see the action going to X+2 or X+4. Depending on where you put X for this opponent, you might decide that a stop & go to pop the turn is better than letting him choose to slow down.

--Dan
Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 PM

I like it when I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] board and villain has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He only stopped raising because people were talking about the hand.

If I have the nuts on the flop I am not going to stop raising.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it when I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] board and villain has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He only stopped raising because people were talking about the hand.

If I have the nuts on the flop I am not going to stop raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like this too because lucky the fouled deck prevented me from losing the whole pot!