Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Default KK 1/2nl live, why am I worried?

I had this hand live last night and I was just wanting more input from people who know whats up.

My image was SUPER TAG. I'd be something like 20/30/3. The table was FULL of lagtards.

SB $90ish not really a reg, but not a noob either. not a donk
BB $190ish TOTAL donk, called a PSB with bottom pair, tripped turn and got it in. When he bets, he usually has it. When he calls, make him call for all of it.
hero $90ish

dealt to hero K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

3 folds, hero raises to $8, 2 folds, CO calls $8, BTN calls $8, SB calls $8, BB calls $8.

I'd been uber tight for most of the night and I wanted some action so I just brought it in for the std raise. I didn't think I'd get a call with a bigger raise, but I got more than I'd hoped.

flop $40 [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

SB bets $10, BB calls $10, Hero calls $10, 2 folds.

I thought of raising here, but I can see SB's range all over this board.

Turn $70 [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

SB bets $10, BB raises to $30, hero calls $30, SB calls $20

This is where I was thinking about AK. However, I have two of them and I just didn't see anyone having another king. This only gives them outs for a flush if they have that draw. Now it's time for extraction. I called the BB to keep the SB in. If the SB has AK, he's raising here and he just called. Although, the SB was talking out AK. The BB and I just listened. After this point, I was convinced that neither one of them had AK.

River $160 [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

SB checks, BB bets $40, hero calls $30 allin (with a fist pump), SB calls $30 allin (hesitantly).

Final pot $250

Looking back, I'm debating the turn call vs getting it in, but I don't think it was an error by any means. Also, I think that I might have raised a little more (10-12ish) PF and maybe gotten a caller.

Let the flaming ensue! What do you all think?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: KK 1/2nl live, why am I worried?

shove turn
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM

shove turn
Old 10-12-2007, 05:14 PM

are you sure this isnt limit or something? please raise turn.