Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 AM

Default BR and moving up

I have two Question.
1) when do you move to next level?
say, when you rearch mini 20 buy-in for the next level you are going to? or 50 buy-in?
i'm currently at 25NL, and i have reach 40 buyin mark for the level i'm playing.
which mean, i would have 28buy for 35NL or 20 buy-in for 50NL.
i'm debating if i should move up.
2) for 25NL , my stats show, 3.54/BB100 (i heard many people say 7/BB100 is the standard), so i'm not really beating the game at 25NL.
should i stay until i can hit 7/BB100?
my 25NL statis show 3.54/BB100 over 35000 Hands
i usually play 3 cash table plus 1 tournment table, or 4 cash game.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: BR and moving up

I personally move up and down all the time. I'll play high for a while ($1kNL), go through a patch of suspect play, do a big cashout (tilt cashout) and drop down a level or two. I'll also take shots at levels I'm not rolled for by the 20 BI rule when I feel like I'm playing well. I don't feel like this has much of a downside because I'm operating with a pretty strict stop loss. If I lose a BI, I'm done. I can always win that BI back pretty quickly grinding at lower levels. I will play $1k NL with less than 8k in my account. I've taken shots at $2kNL with less than $12k. I've also played a lot of $400NL with a bankroll of $40K+.

The key for me is to be aggressive about taking shots, but, at the same time, not risk breaking the machine (the bankroll).

Lucky