Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Second request for data, HUSNG vs HUCASH

I think we're pretty close to a definitive answer about whether HUCASH is lower variance than HUSNGs, but so far I only have two real-world samples to work with.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

If anybody who reads this is willing to provide data, please PM me.

There are only 2 things I would need at this point to make a reasonable, real-world comparison between the two:

For cash games, I only need the std deviation/100 hands for cash sessions from poker tracker, broken down individually for each level. (don't mix stats from $100NL and $200NL, for example). I was originally told that this data wasn't available in PT, but jakeduke seems to know how to get at it. Maybe he can give instructions here?

I would also need to know your overall buyin strategy for cash games. For example, do you buy in for a full stack and try to play other full stacks? Do you seek out short-stackers? Do you buy in short yourself? etc.

For HUSNGs, all I need is an average number of hands per tournament. There's not an easy way to get this, but I have a perl script that will browse Full Tilt hand histories and count hands per tournament. I can provide detailed instructions on how to get and install perl, and run the script, for anybody who is willing to run it on their hand histories. It would be nice, but not necessary, to get winrates per level, as well, but I can get that from sharkscope if you don't mind letting me know what your online name is. If you're also providing std dev for cash, it would be *very* helpful to get winrates to try to draw other comparisons between cash and SNGs.

If anybody's willing to provide a few Pokerstars example histories, I could pretty quickly modify the script to scan pokerstars histories as well.

If you are willing to provide either of these data points (and if you can provide *both*, that would be even better, since comparing results for one player, who presumably plays a similar style in tournaments when the blinds are low to the style they play in cash games would be ideal), please PM me.