Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 09-25-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: WRT Halo 3: Got a call from Gamestop

I had a lot better time at gamestop for this Halo than for the last one. Last time I got there at about 10PM, and was like 100 places back in line. I had already paid for my game in full, like many people there.

They allowed something like 10 people into the store at a time. They would walk in, pick up their preorder receipt, then could WALK AROUDN THE FREAKING STORE SHOPPING FOR STRATEGY GUIDES AND OTHER CRAP. I didn't get out of there until at least 2-3AM.

This time, I showed up at 11:50 and was about 100-200 places back in line. They said "go get your preorder receipt" so I went up, finished paying, and went back to line.

They let about 10 people in at a time, who walked up the counter, immediately got their copy of halo3, and walked out. I was done by 12:20 along with everyone else in line.

Remarkable how much smoother things go when you don't rely on high-school kids to plan a huge release...
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM

I walked into an EB Games today at 2pm, it was pretty empty, sales dude walks by as I'm walking past the Halo display, says "Do you need anything?", I say "sure, can I get Halo? He says "No problem, sure." So yeah, got my copy no problem, with no reserve at all.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I walked into an EB Games today at 2pm, it was pretty empty, sales dude walks by as I'm walking past the Halo display, says "Do you need anything?", I say "sure, can I get Halo? He says "No problem, sure." So yeah, got my copy no problem, with no reserve at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to Target at 5 and they had about 15-20 copies left. Best Buy was sold out.