Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Interesting 30/60 razz hand

Seat 3 has been stealing a lot, what do you do on each street? Especially interested in river action.

Razz ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.83 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.17 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (7.58 BB)
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ???

Total pot: (13.58 BB - $815)
Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Interesting 30/60 razz hand

I like the play on each street.

I think the main problem is he can pretty accurately put
you on a hand on 6th here. It's less likely the 7, 8 or 9
paired you due to your raise on 3rd, so he can put you
on an 87 on 6th with reasonable certainty.
However you caught really good on 7th so your hand is at the
top of your possible range on the end. For that reason I would
bet out on 7th. I dont think you can check-raise as he wont bet
with enough hands that you beat but he will call with several
that you have out-drawn.

Tx.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:05 AM

I like a check call on the river. He'll bet anything that beats 87, and almost certainly won't call a bet with worse, so you get the same bets in as you would by leading, without risking having to deal with a raise.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:53 PM

I like a CR, fold to a 3 bet.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a CR, fold to a 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a reasonable idea, and folding to the threebet is certainly fine unless you're both really good. I'm not sure I see the value in the raise, though. I'm skeptical that we're ahead more than half the time against this board, since the only hands we really beat are 76 and 75, and we should see A6, A7, and 65 in his range as well, maybe even A5 occasionally. Not taking a free card on fifth is just so bad if he has an eight or worse, unless he has nothing in which case he won't call the kr.

If we really think he's stealing light, we screwed up fifth.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Yeh, you could raise 5th, but he may reraise and he is about 58% if he really has two good hole cards, and it kind of ties you to the pot. However, villain could have fairly weak hole cards and could have paired 4th. Also, the raise gives him little new information about your cards.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 PM

with the line the villian shows C/C or B/C is the proper line... you want to get it to showdown....

C/R is definatley not correct because your hand can't stand a 3b.

I already know the results and discussed this hand pretty indepthly with sp00n after it happened, but thats the answers i gave him... Villian show's strength with his line... i think he checks behind if he pairs his 2 on 4th... his bet screams strength(from a solid player) and a huge draw.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:00 PM

Third and fourth are pretty standard. I think I like the check-call line on fifth. If he's got a big draw, he's the favorite, and if he's got something like two pair, you let him bluff off his money while drawing to runner-runner. On sixth, there is some chance that you're drawing dead, but I think you've got enough hand to check and call, maybe enough hand to call down. I prefer checking and calling on the river. Your hand is more of a bluff-catcher than anything.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:51 PM

I almost always check/raise the river, but there are definitely arguments for betting (he may check behind some hands that will pay off, like a 87432).

Standard up till the river.