Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-07-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: My friend Scott

TSC,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I can only imagine what you are going through. I still haven't gotten over the death of Puerta and obviously I didn't even know him personally.

My only advice is to try to let yourself go emotionally. Holding everything in will in the long run be harder on you than letting it out. It will be tough for a while but will help.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:28 AM

TSC,
I never met you or really have much on going conversations with you on the boards but from everything you write, I get the impression you are a solid guy. Solid guys like you have solid friends. Don't be afraid to depend on them and open to them. It can really be cathartic.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:49 AM

Everyone, thank you again for the words. You have no idea how much they help.

I received a message on myspace from one of Scott's real close friends. He's someone I would consider a friend as well, but well you know. A friend. Good guy too.

Anyway, he was in town tonight for business and wanted to meet up for a beer. Quite honestly, I was reluctant to agree, because I don't want this to be a reality. I am far away from all of this. My only contact has been over the phone, e-mail, myspace, IM. I hadn't actually talked to someone in person. I didn't want to confront it.

But, I had to. I had to talk to him. His grief is way worse than mine right now. He's been there and seen Scott's family.

So I sent him a message and we set up a time to meet.

I took my bro with me(my rock) and went to meet him. I drove by a nice pool place in Uptown that I went to with Scott and my friend Kenji when he was here in July. I almost cried right then. Two days later would be the last time I would see him.

I met up with my friend and we talked for a while. It was very sad, but also good. Talking about it was better than I had anticipated. My friend was obviously gutted. But he had moved passed the intense sorrow. I think it was good for both of us. I hope so at least. We talked about some of the good times we had, we pondered about why this happened. We drank some; My bro paid for the drinks.

I feel more confused than ever.

I'll be in Seattle tomorrow. I don't know what to expect.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Good luck.

Also chiming in with the crying and feeling stuff sucks, but it's good.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be in Seattle tomorrow. I don't know what to expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever happens, you'll make it through. It may be tough, it may be easier than you think. But you'll be with people going through the exact same thing you are, and you'll help each other.

Good luck and safe travels.

-McGee
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 PM

TSC - one thing I wanted to mention... I was also really freaked out / nervous about meeting up with people who were really close to my friend who committed suicide (especially his parents, I couldn't bear to think how hard it must be for them).

But I think my friend's parents really appreciated having us around, and talking to us about their son. In some small way I think it comforted them that we all really cared about him alot.

Also, a couple of us wrote down a bunch of random stories / memories about him, sent it around to everyone. It was very informal and not an official tribute or anything, but I think it helped somehow.

-Al