Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: $250 Live Tourney Spot

[ QUOTE ]
5yob's response is uncalled for here and I sent him a warning about flaming

[/ QUOTE ]
When MLG has to call you out in public, that's probably a sign you've gone too far. And then he keeps doing it. I'm very surprised he hasn't been banned already or at least received a lengthy suspension.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5yob's response is uncalled for here and I sent him a warning about flaming

[/ QUOTE ]
When MLG has to call you out in public, that's probably a sign you've gone too far. And then he keeps doing it. I'm very surprised he hasn't been banned already or at least received a lengthy suspension.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had I gone through and looked at all of his previous posts I would have banned him for this one. Like I've said before I haven't had the time over the past few months to regulate HS like I normally would so I wasn't aware of all the previous posts. 5yob is on a very short leash right now and any more flaming posts will result in a quick ban for a few days.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 AM
 is offline

Well, I'm glad my posts incite a string of deep and insightful poker commentary.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM

Kramer,

The debate is how to get the most money, right? I hope folding wasn't part of the equation.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:09 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Kramer,

The debate is how to get the most money, right? I hope folding wasn't part of the equation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding was definitely out of the question on all streets. It was more a question of... are we at all deep enough for any pot-controlling techniques on the flop (assuming we call PF) or is it just a matter of maximizing our gains from weaker hands that check/shove or check/call. I think it's pretty obvious that bet/call shove is the best line when checked to on the flop because I think the opponent will take this line with a ton of hands that we have beat including pair+FDs, KQ, AQ, KK, AA, some A-broadways, and even 99 depending on the opponent. Combine that with the fact that JJ/QQ/AK are definitely NOT checking this flop that often, I think we're OK to look to get it in ASAP before a scare card comes that might kill our action.

That being said, it sounds like there was some debate over the best PF line, but I really do think that our stack size is super awkward for a RR PF because we're basically always getting it in if he 4-bets us PF and TT is just not a hand we love getting in when 4-bet with 30BBs. Even if we shove, it sounds like it's no more than marginally +EV, even if unexploitable.

As it turns out, my friend (whose name I will keep confidential for his own sake of pride) took the worst possible post-flop line, IMO. He called PF and when checked to on that flop, he shoved for about twice the size of the pot. To me, this completely takes away so many moves that weaker hands might make when we give them room to do so, etc. etc. etc.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 AM

Shoving is kinda gross; I definitely just bet/call. I'm not crazy about the 6th nuts or whatever, but I'm also not folding the flop and this increases the chance I get my money in good.

Sorry about hijacking the thread; I was in a rush and I'd usually do this by PM.