Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: HUSNG vs STT, hourly rate

Nixon, do you play your STTs (when 4 tabling) in sets or constant... for instance, do you play 4, wait till they are all finished, then fire up another 4, or do you replace a table as soon as you lose?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Replace a table as soon as I lose.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM

hrmm, so your 4 tabling regulars, say you fit 7-9 of them in in 2 hrs (assuming they take like 1 hr 20 min or 1 1/2 hrs a piece, and you lost a few of them and started new ones right up. So we'll say your ROI is 12% for the STTs, and 9% for the HUs, and you can play $20 STTs and $30 HUs (as you said your willing to step to a slightly higher stake HU).

So at this you're fitting in either 3.5 - 4.5 STTs / hr OR around 4-5 HUs / hr (a rough guess for 2 tabling them).

So at this rate your making 3.5(20)(.12) - 4.5(20)(.12) or $8.4 - $10.8 /hr here.
And for HU your making 4(30)(.09) - 5(30)(.09) or $10.8 - $13.5 / hr.

So HU will provide you with a higher hourly rate, a bit lower variance, but if your not following your step down requirements it will be a greater RoR I believe. Also, stepping down with HU or STT rates might change this a bit depending on where your stepping down.

That said, if four tabling is where you max out with STTs, but you can also throw 1 STT on to your 2 tables of HUs you can add .8(20)(.12) or $1.92 / hr on to either of those HU figures. So this is really just affirming everything you already knew (2 HU + 1 STT) is gonna be best for your rates, but I figured i'd poke around at it anyways
Old 07-03-2007, 04:14 PM

Thanks. Appreciate it. It's good to see, even though I was pretty sure of the answer through the previous discussion.

Apparently sometimes when something seems too good to be true, it's true anyway.

Now if I could just stop being stupid when I'm losing, I'd be in good shape.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]