Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: DON\'T CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE \"is this 4 real...\" THREAD

Most likely. I would reformat.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK so am I infested or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

format c:

if you have any kind of meaningful amount of $, freeze accounts and do it now. If you dont, do it tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM

I'm not infected, but jw...If you don't have accounts open and don't log into any, what's the problem?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM

medaugh,

I see you're using IE. To what extent did you click the links? Just the link in the OP? That and try to play the video?

Default Re: DON\'T CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE \"IS THIS 4 REAL...\" THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't see where he gave you the link? is that in the next HH?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked my PT, he only played 4 hands and then posted the link as he left.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats pretty obvious. Not evidence by any means, but thats as suspicious as it gets.

2+2,

Do NOT click the link in the OP.

It leads to a very elaborate phishing scam which encompasses the false “CNN video” page as well as the “Update Java” page and installer. Clicking through to the “Update Java” page does not appear to negatively affect your machine, but if you accept the “Update Java” executable your machine will have been compromised.

Full Tilt Poker Security is working with the hosting company to get the malicious sites taken down as soon as possible. Accounts detected to have spammed the link to the Full Tilt client, or accounts that were maliciously spreading the link via table-talk have been suspended.

If you have been exposed to the malware via the “Update Java” executable you have inadvertently installed a Trojan application that permits data collection from and the remote take-over of your machine. You should exercise extreme caution with all usernames, passwords and other sensitive and private information on the affected machine.

I suggest you power-down the affected machine and leave it disconnected from any internet connection. I would also recommend you seek professional assistance to ensure an effective cleanse of your system, not limited to a complete wipe of your machine and reinstallation of your O/S.

I have PM’d the affected 2+2 users to ensure we take the proper precautions with their FTP accounts. We will continue to monitor the situation closely for other instances of affected users. If you or someone you know has been exposed to this malware or is concerned about the integrity of their FTP account, please send an email to Support with “Urgent: Account Compromised” in the subject line along with your account id, and Full Tilt Poker Security will work with you to take the proper precautions for your account.

Sean
Old 06-19-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
medaugh,

I see you're using IE. To what extent did you click the links? Just the link in the OP? That and try to play the video?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, thats in fact pretty interesting. gj
Old 06-19-2007, 10:22 PM

I was stupid enough to click the FTP was down thing about a week ago. The guy who made the trojan was a fking idiot. Im assuming this is the same guy.

Just go into your program files/ and look for the newest created folder. The guy disguisted a java install as the trojan. Look for a folder named svchost, inside that folder their was the java that was needed to install to watch this video(trojan exe). Just go to ur task manager and close all svchost.exe, and thene delete the folder named svchost that was recently created. Then your all good =]
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM

Also make sure you unplug your PC overnight, if you decide to not format today.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 PM

pretty much what HE said [ QUOTE ]
It leads to a very elaborate phishing scam which encompasses the false “CNN video” page as well as the “Update Java” page and installer. Clicking through to the “Update Java” page does not appear to negatively affect your machine, but if you accept the “Update Java” executable your machine will have been compromised.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im a retard sometimes