Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 PM

Default NLTRN 33 - monochrome board

Villian is a losing player at his stakes. Has been pretty passive, not betting at pots unless he connects in some way. I've been fairly aggressive w/ half pot continuation bets on the flop. A surprisingly small amount of big pots in the first few blind levels.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1530)
BB (t1470)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, BB calls t60.

Flop: (t180) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t240</font>

I really think quite a few different plays could be done with this raise. I also think there is very little chance Villian is folding this hand, based on how the match has gone.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: NLTRN 33 - monochrome board

Fold. If he's as passive as you say he is, he's got AJ beat. If you had Ah J, different story. Also, fairly aggressive but only at 1530? Not aggressive enough. Too often here villain makes the play with a hand like 53. I'd give him credit here and try to steal every other pot.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:19 PM

The mini raise is def bad news. If this player hasn't been fighting against you normally, this is too fishy a hand to play. Just fold, as you're M is super healthy and blinds super tiny. Let him raise into you when you've got a better spot. You have lightyears of hands to play. If villain is a loser let him lose in spots where you aren't put to the test.

-Gpro
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 PM

I generally agree with the first two posts.

And his chipstack is no matter, how many times have you had an opponent figured out and been owning him where he's sucked out/lucked out against you in a fairly big pot to even it up? Too many I'd guess, at least for me.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM

I'd actually call one time, i.e. see the turn. Yes, he may very well have you beat. But odds are against him having the flush. You have TPTK HU, and are getting 4.5:1 odds to make this call. He may have 2 pair or a set, but he could also easily have TP lower kicker.

More than likely he probably has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], with a piece of the flop or some other high [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i.e. A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5. He could have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J, in which case he's free rolling to the flush against you. He could have a set, but he could also easily have KJ, or QJ here as well.

Also, bad players love betting TP HU no matter what the kicker. You may see trash like J4, J8, Jx you name it. He just may be trying to define his hand, and is min-raising so he can get away from it if you shove.

Anyway, I say make the call based on the 4.5:1 odds, and re-evaluate on the turn. If you were the BB, I'd probably fold here, but you have position on him. Call and see what falls on the turn, and see what he does.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Well I personally will never ever fold this hand with how people usually interpret me. But even thou you have a fairly normal image I cant see how you possibly can fold here. You are infront probably round 75% of the time here. People do this play with J2o for gods sake. Especially with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as Mych mentioned and probably K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] aswell.

Clear non-fold situation.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Yeah, I'd probably call and see what happens on the turn. There's a good chance you are in horrible shape, but there's also a good chance he has J-9 or something like that. I doubt he's "making a play" with just a draw. But yeah, I'd just call him down unless he makes a bet bigger than 200.