Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: The Pill...

I'm ok with that, take the out golfing and show him a good time and he won't care what your doing to his baby girl cause he's probably also 45-50 and has no fun anymore.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we still ovulate, but (this might get nasty), the mucus on the Uterine lining thickens so that if a egg were to get fertilized, it cannot implant to the uterine wall and develop into an embryo.

Hope that helped a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

from Wiki:

[ QUOTE ]
Several different types of 'the Pill' exist. Generally, they all have different synthetic estrogens and progestins, chemical analogues of the natural hormones, estradiol (an estrogen) and progesterone (a progestagen). Most common brands use 20 to 40 micrograms of ethinylestradiol as the estrogen component and either a fixed or varying (the bi- and triphasic pills) amount of either levonorgestrel or norethindrone as the progestagen component. An exception is the progestin only pill, which lacks estrogen and thus generally has fewer side effects than the combined pill.

The combined Pill primarily prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. It also has the side-effect of thickening the mucus over the cervix, which can prevent or slow sperm entry into the uterus. The Pill also thins the endometrium (the lining of the uterus).

[/ QUOTE ]

cliff notes: pills that contain estrogen (most) mostly stop ovulation, but the other ingredient progestin makes the uterin wall unreceptive to embryos as a backup safety
Old 08-31-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAOMG!!! That's awesome... Although, once you hit 40 and are still hanging around the HS's, parents are gonna start asking questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did OOT get all these new female posters from? You're way cooler than gorie, peachy and that lesduckfkr or whatever her name was.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:56 PM

I got a question about the pill.... this girl I'm seeing is on the 'pill' but she says some doctors have told her it's not an effective pill because it has lower hormone levels of whatever's in it, whereas other doctors she's seen (including the one who prescribed it to her) have said it's completely fine. She said she started taking it for 'other' reasons. So she insists I use a condom which sucks. Can anyone explain this to me? Is a condom necessary? I don't know the brand of the pill.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So she insists I use a condom which sucks. Can anyone explain this to me? Is a condom necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're terribly nervous and paranoid about getting knocked up. Or she thinks you're dirty and wants to stop STDs from passing on.

If she's taking it for 'other' reasons she is probably doing it for acne control or maybe for period regularity.

As far as I know all pills are effective, it's the side effects that differ. Some switching needs to be done from time to time if there is nausea, emotional issues or breakthrough bleeding.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:14 PM

Yes condom's are necessary... women haveing your baby will kill your future dreams, unless of course its in the context of a long term (5+ years) and you've reached your financial goals and you want to be a dad, which you obviously sound like you arn't. Don't bring another bastard childen into the world.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we still ovulate, but (this might get nasty), the mucus on the Uterine lining thickens so that if a egg were to get fertilized, it cannot implant to the uterine wall and develop into an embryo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. The vast majority of birth control pills do prevent ovulation. They do thicken the mucus as well, but the main effectiveness lies in preventing ovulation.

more info
Old 08-31-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So she insists I use a condom which sucks. Can anyone explain this to me? Is a condom necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're terribly nervous and paranoid about getting knocked up. Or she thinks you're dirty and wants to stop STDs from passing on.

If she's taking it for 'other' reasons she is probably doing it for acne control or maybe for period regularity.

As far as I know all pills are effective, it's the side effects that differ. Some switching needs to be done from time to time if there is nausea, emotional issues or breakthrough bleeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this [censored] about lower hormones levels in this pill? Any cause for concern?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. The vast majority of birth control pills do prevent ovulation. They do thicken the mucus as well, but the main effectiveness lies in preventing ovulation.

more info

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, so how am I wrong? You do know that sometimes thing's don't work the way they're supposed to. We do randomly pop out an egg here and there and that mucusy (gross!!) stuff comes in as a back-up maneuver.

Now if I'm COMPLETELY wrong, please explain to me how in the world I have a daughter sleeping in the next room? I know I was drugged up and crap during labor.. But I do Vividly recall poppin her out.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this [censored] about lower hormones levels in this pill? Any cause for concern?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would use a condom, just for precautions. I've heard about lower level dosage pills used for cycle regulation.

I've never asked a doc about it, so I can't help ya out on that one.