Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Fantasy rules situation

figured this could get its own thread

so one guy in my league is in dead last... he has a 0 % chance of making the playoffs - essentially he is done

he started cutting random good players from his team in an obvious attempt to torpedo the league and then he went on to tell me, personally, that he planned on cutting every good player he could from his team and replacing them with players from the DL. when i asked him if he was serious, he said yes

so i locked his team. this league was supposed to all be paid up front but i cut him some slack because he didn't have the money at the time - now he is refusing to pay even though he is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs because "i cant make the moves i want to make"

was i out of line in locking his team?
Old 08-31-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Fantasy rules situation

No obv not be u should have gotten everything up front.

I made this mistake last year in the MTTC FFB league by cutting silencee some slack over and over again...dude never paid so I had to pay my buy-in plus his at the end of the year.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Do you know the guy IRL?

You aren't out of line, but you should have collected the $$ up front.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Your right, guys an ass, should have got the money up front.

I don't make it a standing rule, but if I know the guy may not pay or if he has been an ass in the past, I always get the money up front.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the guy IRL?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's my [censored] roommate who lucky for his ass is out of town this weekend

he is ignoring all my phone calls and sending me texts that say "no where in the yahoo site rules does it say i cant do that. now you are preventing me from doing it so i wont pay"

i mean seriously if a guy is going to [censored] me over in a fantasy league... who knows what else will happen

then he goes "dont question my character because im not doing anything against the rules"

how do i even answer that?
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"no where in the yahoo site rules does it say i cant do that. now you are preventing me from doing it so i wont pay"

"dont question my character because im not doing anything against the rules"

how do i even answer that?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is pretty obviously violating the Yahoo fantasy rules.

[ QUOTE ]
1. All league-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's team and/or its standing within the league.
2. No owner may drop or "dump" players from their team for any reason other than improving their own team and/or its standing within the league.
3. No owner will engage in any action that may be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).
4. No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
5. No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he can come up with an explanation for how replacing his good players with players from the DL doesn't violate at least #1, if not the rest of those rules, I'd love to hear it.

Link to sportsmanship rules on Yahoo.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Ethics
1. (used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
4. (usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

I had a similar situation a few years ago in a FF league. With 3 weeks left in the season a player decided he would drop all of his good players and pick up bad ones. He wasn't going to make the playoffs and thought he'd get away with derailing the whole league. I ended up locking his team and everyone in the league(except the person he was playing for that week) had a say in who to put in so he would have a legit lineup. Everything worked out OK and he has never been invited to play in a FF league with us since.
I agree with the others though...ALWAYS get the $$ before the season starts.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Cant Cut List should be on but it dosnt protect that many players.

Lock his team and use the admin powers to change teams back to how they were before he cut his good players. Than give him payback of some sort or else just take his buyin out of the prize pool but make sure he auto loses every game, this is super dumb tho because people who play him more than other people have an advantage.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:00 PM

Uhhh.... you can judge someone's character when they do [censored] like this. I would seriously consider moving out or kicking him out when you get the chance. He seems like a total douchebag.

Ask for the money then let him do whatever he wants... just don't allow anyone to pickup his players.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:04 PM

Karak,

Your roomate is a douchebag. Reset his team to the way it was, take his buy-in out of the prizepool and make sure everyone else knows he is a douchebag as well.