Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Default 3handed 10nl, 3betting light (line check)

1) I only 3bet here with the intention of showing down 10 8 off early so i can get action later on from these guys

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $9.90</font>
BB: $8.74
BTN: $12.27

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $0.30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.90</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $0.60
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

2) after he called i put him on QQ JJ AK AQ (AA and KK will almost always repop here

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.90) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

3) i checked here so i could checkraise, or to let him catchup

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1.90) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.46</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $9.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $6.54

4) If he didnt bet the flop, i figured the only way i was getting the most money from him was checking to let him bet if he has the King

<font color="black">River:</font> ($19.90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $19.90 ($0.99 Rake)

Hows this overall?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 3handed 10nl, 3betting light (line check)

In a 3-handed game, you're putting the BTN on JJ+, AQ+ after calling a pf 3b?

Going for a c/r twice on two streets isn't a great move in a game like this (with two draws on the board by the turn), either. It's 10NL, they will go nuts.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Going for a c/r twice on two streets isn't a great move in a game like this (with two draws on the board by the turn), either. It's 10NL, they will go nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think you are giving a very small range to this player. Based on the action and level, you could easily see KJ, KQ, K10 (which crushes you) etc. I would lead the turn since he did not bite on the flop. You do want to make some money right? So put some in the pot....especially with the draws on the turn.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience at 10NL a bet always means QQ+ and often they will never 3bet AQ or AK. Most players will only call a bet with AQ+ and JJ+ too.
Its pretty tight yes, but i find that is generally what they always have
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 AM

I really dont think you need to do anything fancy to get action on a 3 handed micro table. Besides 8 T isnt really all that bad on a short table. Its quite playable actually. Raising it was good. Forget the slow play. Put in a bet 1/2 size of the pot and make it look like a continuation bet. Even if he folds you can still show him the "garbage" you raised with pf. That was the goal right? You woke up with a hand, extract some pain.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides 8 T isnt really all that bad on a short table. Its quite playable actually. Raising it was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not serious in saying that 3-betting T8o is a good, regular play, right?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 PM

You're not serious in saying that 3-betting T8o is a good, regular play, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct,
I'm not saying that.
Only 3 bet this crap if all the stars and moons are properly aligned.
On a full table it would be ludicrous. At a three handed table I like the play. 1) you already have isolation. 2) you wanted a spot to show a numb nut play to get action later. Great spot. 3)If you get lucky and spike a set, 2 pair or straight, no one but god will be able to put you on your hand. Looks like this hand is going to put someone on tilt for sure. Exactly the purpose without the investment.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience at 10NL a bet always means QQ+ and often they will never 3bet AQ or AK. Most players will only call a bet with AQ+ and JJ+ too.
Its pretty tight yes, but i find that is generally what they always have

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely wrong, unless you are playing on some rock garden site I have never heard of.

3-betting T8o is bad, even 3-handed (especially if you think your opponent is raising very few hands!! DUCY?), unless you have a good read that you'll be able to take down the pot with a c-bet or get paid off huge if you hit. T8s is loads better, because it's more likely you'll be able to at least have a draw on the flop.

Once you hit, you didn't bet. Let me ask you a question: Are you betting here when you miss? Is it normal for you to 3-bet and then check? The point of 3-betting light, as stated in the stickied post on this board, is that c-bets = $$$. If you've followed that rule, you must bet this flop. Two pair is a pretty vulnerable hand anyway.

Your opponents checks behind on the flop. The turn probably helped him, so I guess a check-raise isn't *too* unreasonable here, but you should have raised more. You want to get some money in and now only have two streets to do it. As played, I guess you have to call his push... he's putting you on nothing and he probably has a king or a draw. You'll see a set here sometimes, but that's just bad luck.