Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Iverson Traded to Denver...

I don't think Miller get can get traded before the deadline since there's something like a 2 month period before a player that got traded can get traded again, but I'm not sure of the timeline exactly.

What's going to be interesting about the Nuggets is that for the next 15 games, AI will clearly be the focus, and the team will probably do pretty well- it's somewhat similar to 01 team that AI took the finals- the front court has strong defensive players/offensive rebounders to pick up his misses, and he's clearly the number one option on offense. However, when Melo comes back, there will be the alpha dog issue. I forsee them having a much better record w/o Melo, especially given their schedule, than with him.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, when Melo comes back, there will be the alpha dog issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You underestimate George Karl's leadership (he is the real GM and the reason why Kiki = gone) and exaggerate Melo' perceived selfishness. Melo shoots largely because no else can, and his + .500 FG% and willingness to pass out of double teams (his assists are up 1.5/game) speak to the fact he isn't the chucker he was just a few years ago.

They also score on the run a lot, they aren't a half court offense.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:42 PM

I know nothing about basketball. I have a question that I haven't seen addressed here.

Did all of the suspensions prompt this deal? Was Denver seriously considering going after this guy before the suspensions?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about basketball. I have a question that I haven't seen addressed here.

Did all of the suspensions prompt this deal? Was Denver seriously considering going after this guy before the suspensions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver has had a base package of their 2 1st round 2007 picks and Joe Smith (who is expiring salary cap space) on the table since AI demanded the trade some two weeks ago. The Nugs and Sixers discussed a similar structured deal for AI in the offseason.