Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Re: c/r bluff with 66

i wasn't asking why villain bets, i was explaining why i don't feel a bet is appropriate for hero.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:51 AM

If we're going to induce a bluff here (which we are doing, certainly not betting for value) then i like a call more after he bets and a Check/fold the river. Worse hands (A high that missed or a busted FD) will check behind the river here. Anything that he bets the river with is beating us. Hand feels like its a Pair greater than 8, or something like a 98s.

FWIW, the turn is a b/f for me. too many draws and too many pair/draw hands for me to seek anything more on this board.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Worse hands (A high that missed or a busted FD) will check behind the river here. Anything that he bets the river with is beating us.

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd probably be correct in firing a third one with a busted draw with no showdown value. Ace-high he'll probably check, but something like 54[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] that missed he is likely to fire again as a last way to win the hand.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:43 AM

sorry i still don't get the purpose of the turn bet. many people say to bet but nobody has addressed my earlier point:

"it's not for value and not a bluff. protection? it's worthless when we are easily behind.

"
Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry i still don't get the purpose of the turn bet. many people say to bet but nobody has addressed my earlier point:

"it's not for value and not a bluff. protection? it's worthless when we are easily behind.

"

[/ QUOTE ]

You have taken the lead in the hand by raising preflop, and betting the flop. Give villian a chance to fold, he hasn't shown anything in this hand after the flop so give him a chance to throw away his unpaired paint that he can catch up with on the river card...............make him PAY to try to catch up.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"

[/ QUOTE ]

You have taken the lead in the hand by raising preflop, and betting the flop. Give villian a chance to fold, he hasn't shown anything in this hand after the flop so give him a chance to throw away his unpaired paint that he can catch up with on the river card...............make him PAY to try to catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

in other words, protection?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:16 AM

yes.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 AM

but protection loses its value as the probability that we are behind grows. i feel we are likely behind here and if so, protection has little value (if it's not already negative). if so, it's time to bluff or induce bluffs.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:34 AM

If it's not protection, it's a bluff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That's the beauty: we don't know what it is, but both seem reasonable, so what do we care.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:13 PM

Forgive me for detouring the issue, but why is rr w 66 pf>calling vs a 33/19 player?( When BOB)

Stokken