Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 01:23 AM

Default Cowboys Eagles

What do yall think about this game. I like under 47.5 because this is a big game for Dallas and I feel like their defense will step up and hold a struggling Westbrook and a [censored] Garcia. Any other analysis or opinions?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Cowboys Eagles

Garcia has exceeded even Andy Reids expectations with how he's played overall, the Eagles have a big issue stopping the run though, but it's a huge game for them and if Garcia plays well he's shown he can produce points for them. I like Dallas to win, but I'm taking Philly +7.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do yall think about this game. I like under 47.5 because this is a big game for Dallas and I feel like their defense will step up and hold a struggling Westbrook and a [censored] Garcia. Any other analysis or opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Westbrook is struggling, and he is certainly the Eagles best offensive player.

"Eagles RB Brian Westbrook rushed 19 times for 97 yards in Week 15 at the N.Y. Giants, including two touchdown runs of one and 28 yards each. He also caught five passes for an additional 40 yards. "

As far as the under, I don't like that with the Eagles run defense and Cowboys secondary, especially coupled with both offenses capable of putting up a lot of points. Also, together the teams are 16-7-5 combined O/U this year.

I do like the Eagles +7. As a general rule this year, it seems like no NFC team should be giving another team 7 points. Additionally point to a closer game I think are: rivalry, both teams in playoff hunt, Eagles on a mini-roll, and Romo not as hot last few games.

I'd say Eagles win this game 15-20% of the time, and lose by 7 or less 50% of time. I just don't see Dallas winning by a big score more than 30% of the time. So to me, taking the Eagles and the 7 pts is an easy pick.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:08 PM

I like the Eagles +7. Their defense is performing better and the Cowboys secondary sucks. They won't be able to stretch the field quite like they would with McNabb in there but Garcia is alot more accurate on short passes. They'll still beat Roy Williams for at least one big play
Old 12-25-2006, 02:15 PM

I like dallas this game... Its philly's 3rd road game in a row. I made alot of money with this trend in the past. Then i'm going to roll it to this game to the under http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...c=1#Post8550456
Old 12-25-2006, 02:19 PM

The 3rd road game in a row is a huge trend, but my odds show this to be a good line. If you could get the Cowboys at -250 then there's some value there, since it seems almost everyone likes the Eagles and the money line might get bet down before game time.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:38 PM

I like the Boys:
3rd straight road game for the Eagles going against a hot Dallas team that has too many offensive threats for the Eagles to defend. Originally, I was passing on this game, but after a second thought I had to play it. Revenge game, Philly is the public team here (yes really), and America's Team on Christmas day is a great show for the NFL. The Cowboys have also had a few extra days to prepare. link
Old 12-25-2006, 03:59 PM

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!!!!

moneyline bitches! (actual position medium moneyline +290, big +7 big over 46.5)

merry xmas [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
struggling Westbrook

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you dont watch much football do you
Old 12-25-2006, 04:01 PM

i dont think much of the 'three road games in a row' holds a lot of water here... they didnt overnight either washington or NY, they took the train day-of, not a typical road trip with the flights/travel/time zone etc... im so wasted alraedy ugh