Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: $7.50 (tax not included) or $8.00/$8.25 (tax included)

Definitely include tax in the price. 8.25 would be good because of the whole quarter thing.

$4 just to hang out? That is a little silly and I doubt anyone would pay that at all.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Yeah get rid of that. Minigolf isn't hard to do like real golf, so there is no reason that people wouldn't just play. Unless they are a cripple and are you really gonna charge a cripple $4?

Also, I can't emphasize enough how smart I think it is to go with $X.25 and have tons of quarter grabbing things throughout the course. When I had a paper route and had to collect, I would get tons of $.75 tips because no one wants change.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just visited your website.

LOL at this part.

[ QUOTE ]
Walk through (don't want to play but want to spend time with friends or family and experience King Putt's tomb?):$4.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never, ever, ever heard of this. Is this standard at all?

Also, I guess it's Vegas but open til 2am? Do you think you will get enough customers post midnight to make this cost effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like the kind of place i'd love to play at wasted at 2 in the morning [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 04:19 PM

This $4 may be a big turn off to parents wanting to bring their kids and let them play. You worry about including tax, but I can't imagine anything that would leave a worse taste in their mouth than having to pay $4 just to watch their kids play.

You have some paint on the walls, its not Disneyland.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely include tax in the price. 8.25 would be good because of the whole quarter thing.

$4 just to hang out? That is a little silly and I doubt anyone would pay that at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea with this is that we don't want 4 teens to come in, pay for 2 games because "only two of us are going to play" and then proceed to trade off the balls and clubs at the end of every hole.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah get rid of that. Minigolf isn't hard to do like real golf, so there is no reason that people wouldn't just play. Unless they are a cripple and are you really gonna charge a cripple $4?

Also, I can't emphasize enough how smart I think it is to go with $X.25 and have tons of quarter grabbing things throughout the course. When I had a paper route and had to collect, I would get tons of $.75 tips because no one wants change.

[/ QUOTE ]

we take great pride in the fact that our course is wheelchair friendly. We've even spoken to a gentleman that promises to bring a group of his fellow handicapped friends to play our course. You bet we're going to charge them full price. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just visited your website.

LOL at this part.

[ QUOTE ]
Walk through (don't want to play but want to spend time with friends or family and experience King Putt's tomb?):$4.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never, ever, ever heard of this. Is this standard at all?

Also, I guess it's Vegas but open til 2am? Do you think you will get enough customers post midnight to make this cost effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like the kind of place i'd love to play at wasted at 2 in the morning [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as a new business we're not really sure how much business we'll get at various times and we'll decide after a few months of operation how to adjust our hours of operation. The In-N-Out in our strip mall is open til 1am or 1:30 fri/sat. We're hoping that a lot of those teens that are hanging out there will walk 100 feet to play mini-golf at midnight. We'll see. I know that we'll have appeal to anyone who gets stoned on a regular basis - and that is also a night crowd.

You'd be surprised how many people have asked if we'll be serving alcohol. We won't, the idea of drunks stumbling around our golfcourse in the dark (black-lit) with bricks lining the holes seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen. To be sure, we'll be turning away people that come in too drunk.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This $4 may be a big turn off to parents wanting to bring their kids and let them play. You worry about including tax, but I can't imagine anything that would leave a worse taste in their mouth than having to pay $4 just to watch their kids play.

You have some paint on the walls, its not Disneyland.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is cool though. We can use discretion on when to apply this $4 fee. Our concern is with loiterers, not parents and grandparents.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just skimmed the replies so maybe this has been said already but ..

I would have tax included. Now you hand them back 3 quarters right? So what you need to do is have something for sale that costs/takes quarters

Arcade machine, gumballs, a jukebox, whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

BIMO

[/ QUOTE ]

We currently have a pinball machine, one of those claw machines with the prizes inside, a 3-1 arcade game, and a soda and snacks vending machines. We are considering a air hockey table as well. Gumballs is a great idea.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM

As a kid I hated getting small amounts in change.

I remember really liking a store that sold baseball cards w/ tax included.

I'd say it makes a big enough difference in terms of making the customer happy that you should include tax. $8.25 sounds good IMO.