Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: So who here stack and tilts?

[ QUOTE ]
My Swing

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hip action has improved through impact from when you posted the down the line video, imo. Very nice swing. Curious to know what angle you launch it at with not being behind the ball as much as most players?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 PM

I've never had my launch angle or spin rates measured. I most likely will this winter when I go see the guy that does my shafts/grips/lie adjustments. I'm working on not letting my left hip move too much laterally. It needs to look like I'm standing up more. A lot of my inconsistency comes from me leaning too much.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:10 PM

If you really pay attention to the tour pro's, you will see that most of them stack-and-tilt.

This type of swing is not for everybody, as not all people have the flexibility or strength to effectively swing this way.

The students I have that are willing to put in the work to make significant changes in their swings and fit the age/flexibility requirement for this type of swing I teach to stack-and-tilt. Once you get comfortable with this swing, most players will find it easier to acheive consistency than with the traditional weight-transfer swing.

Not all people should attempt to do this though. If you are 70 years old and lack flexibility, you won't be able to stack-and-tilt effectively (and I've seen failed attempts at this...it isn't pretty).
Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Those who like S&T may enjoy reading The Final Missing Piece of Hogan's Puzzle .

It is a similar approach, using old photos of Hogan.
It is a little different in it's concept and approach, but still closer to S&T than most modern teaching.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really pay attention to the tour pro's, you will see that most of them stack-and-tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Swing

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched this on repeat for about 10 minutes. Never been a fan of 'one plane swings', but loved it from this angle. Any chance you post one from behind the ball?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 PM

yea, I have 7 other video clips w/ different clubs from froth and back. I'll post this driver swing from the back on you tube.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 PM

My Swing from behind.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM

K-Slay: I'm a big one plane vs. two plane fan here. I'm working on one-plane swing and am struggling. A couple of questions. In Hardy's vids he really focuses on club being closed when it gets to waist high going back on one plane swing (Inside and outside line drill) I've tried to stop your video from down the line and from what I could see it doesn't seem like your club is closed and is more open a la two plane swing. Does it feel closed?

Also, with the right elbow, Hardy talks about it coming up and back and not staying glued to the side and not getting the elbow underneath and getting the club stuck. He uses the sawing the log analogy. What does your right elbow feel like going back and coming thru?

BTW, that is a pretty swing.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 AM

proformance, I'm definetly a visual learner, so I apologize if I'm mis-understanding what you're asking.

It definetly feels more closed than where my swing came from. I'm not "opening" the club with my wrists at all (I feel like). I think keeping it a little more closed on the way back would be a good adjustment.

I'm not focused on my right elbow on the way back much, my backswing is just concentrating on keeping it one piece and balanced on the way back, but on my down swing I focus on my right elbow almost exclusively. Let me know if I'm not being clear w/ what I'm about to say.

At the start of my downswing I feel like my right elbow is staying stationary and I'm getting the club 'over the topish' with my forearm, while turning my shoulders really hard. It feels like if I didn't turn my shoulders hard the club face would be closed and hit the ground way before the ball, but turning hard is what makes it work, and VERY consistent.