Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Built and lost bankroll

[ QUOTE ]
Well I was beating $1/$2 with a $200 deposit. I can continue to beat $1/$2 depositing $200... I just need to prevent having a huge losing day because I play well enough to re-build my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. What do you do when you lose a buyin? I can't imagine how can you be a winning player. You need 4K$ in your bankroll. It happens that you lose 10 buyins in one day, I had 15 minutes when I lost 4 buyins and in the next 15 minutes I got it back. Man, you are hillarious. You can't prevent having a losing day. It happens, that's poker. And that's why you need a bankroll.

This post is hillarious. One amateur tells all the pros here that he is the best and that they suck. Like a fish telling a shark it can eat him.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 AM

Funny, I always thought sharks were fish
Old 10-23-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Move up in stakes

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How are you on these forums with 4300 posts telling me I have a gambling problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So why don't you tell me how successful you are online

[/ QUOTE ]

you sure owned fwf (he's mostly a live donk so his opinion doesn't carry much weight here)

OP - it's OK; not everybody is suited for playing with a large bankroll. Some nits play with 30 buyins, many people play with 2 buyins (case in point - LuckyJimm, one of the most famous posters here).

Just because you lose $800 in 6 hours doesn't mean you have a problem, it's normal variance since you are obviously a winning player and comfortable at $1/$2.

Just keep playing levels you feel are worth your time (it's not like you can win lots of money at $0.10/$0.25 so it's fairly useless to play).

Nothing can be worse than boredom while playing - if it doesn't get your adrenaline up when you are dealt AA then you're playing too low a limit.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:12 AM

You should start using pot control by min raising EVERY hand, it will create a good image too. Plus you shouldn't post your small blind I heard playing out of position is bad.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Seriously dude, I gave you perfect advice and you haven;t even acknowledged it. I promise you you will continue your busto cycle without some bankroll management.

-Andy
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 AM

i wish this was my gimmick account, cos i'd have leveled u all.

[ QUOTE ]

Why'd you post here motifesta? Are you looking for advice...sometimes advice can be found in the sarcastic replies you get in threads like these.

A sarcastic reply means it is simply stupid to play 200nl with $200 in your account, or $800 for that matter.

A sarcastic reply means that droping 4 buy-ins is not a rare occurance. I dropped 3.5 buy-ins today in my first 250 hands and still had a winning day.

You are getting these sarcastic replies because of your ignorance. Learn from it. Most people replying to this thread are beating 400nl or above. They got there from beating the [censored] out of 200nl. So, when they tell you you need more than $800 to play 200nl listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is pretty much what all the sarcasm is pointing at, but no one can be bothered to reply properly.
your subsequent responses show that you wont listen to any real advice anyway
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus you shouldn't post your small blind I heard playing out of position is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) playing out of position is fine if you play better than your opponents (which isn't tough at $1/$2). It starts to become somewhat relevant at high stakes but you can pretty much ignore position until you start playing Phil Gordon or someone as good headsup.

b) How does one do what you suggest? Like sit out every time your small blind needs posted and post SB+BB in the CO? That is way too much micromanagement and would only work if you play one table (and most online pros play two or even three).

c) Playing out of the blinds you have better odds as you already have money invested so you call $5 to play a $16 pot while the other guy raised $7 to play the same $16 pot - your odds are a LOT better which puts him at an immediate disadvantage.

So I don't think this is too good of an advice you are giving here. I will try it out anyway in my next session and post results here.

P.S. Sorry about strategy in BBV, I felt I needed to make it clear why the importance of position is a myth.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus you shouldn't post your small blind I heard playing out of position is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) playing out of position is fine if you play better than your opponents (which isn't tough at $1/$2). It starts to become somewhat relevant at high stakes but you can pretty much ignore position until you start playing Phil Gordon or someone as good headsup.

b) How does one do what you suggest? Like sit out every time your small blind needs posted and post SB+BB in the CO? That is way too much micromanagement and would only work if you play one table (and most online pros play two or even three).

c) Playing out of the blinds you have better odds as you already have money invested so you call $5 to play a $16 pot while the other guy raised $7 to play the same $16 pot - your odds are a LOT better which gives you an advantage.

So I don't think this is too good of an advice you are giving here. I will try it out anyway in my next session and post results here.

P.S. Sorry about strategy in BBV, I felt I needed to make it clear why the importance of position is a myth.

[/ QUOTE ]

surely this is too much effort to be a level
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surely this is too much effort to be a level

[/ QUOTE ]What would a tournament donk like you, Lindsay, know about cash game strategy?

Tourneys play differently; whoever shoves first in preflop wins as others cannot play optimally otherwise than by folding, I read it in a tournament book on game theory.

Because you can only open-push once every orbit tourneys are very high variance and less serious than cash games (as most people on this forum will agree).