View Poll Results: What would OOT do?
Pass 63 84.00%
Don't Pass 12 16.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Re: live tell at the final table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would expose my genitals. Then scream "I GOT THE NUTS LOL!" Then shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever said "LOL" out loud in person? I'm not quite sure how that would work...

[/ QUOTE ]

"el-oh-el"

OP: It means something. However, what it means is probably different and specific for every person who has a visible pulse in their neck. That's the thing with live tells - knowing someone is giving off one is easy. Knowing what it means requires you to have seen it at least once before however. And all it will ever really tell you is whether someone is confident in their hand or not. But bad players are confident in spots where they really shouldn't be; and get nervous in situations where anyone smart would be delighted to get it in with a fistpump.

I've played with live players that would kind of wish you didn't give their KK action here "incase you have an ace".
Old 11-13-2007, 07:40 AM

To answer the OP's question, my guess is that he is anticipating big decision(s). This might mean a good, but not monster hand (maybe AQ or 99) if stacks are pretty shallow, because he may be uncertain about stacking off with it preflop. If you guys are deepstacked, I would lean towards a monster, as he is anticipating difficult postflop decisions.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:17 PM

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules, and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gonna make you understand

Unfortunately, that's from memory. Most of you weren't even alive when that was a hit.

Anyway, agree with everyone that you'd have to have a bigger sample size to try to correlate the neck throb to strong/weak/mediocre. In general, but it's only in general and I wouldn't rely on it, I think showing nervousness after just an opening raise means a huge hand. Lots of people act differently, and get nervous, when their hand is huge. Some people get nervous playing a hand, especially early in the FT, whether their hand is big or small. Visible signs of nervousness IMO are generally extremely difficult to correlate to the size of someone's hand.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's teh stack size here? I.e what would be making him stressed? If he had raised 1/3 of his stack then he could be real worried that you are going to re-raise him.

But if you are fairly deep, and he's raising with trash in late position or whatever, this should be 100% standard for him and if you re-raise him he doesnt really care, and will just fold.

The only reason he'd be getting real excited if you were deepish would be if he had a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacks are shallow. This is a one day tourney. Average stack M is something like 8-10. So his raise was like 1/5 - 1/4 of his stack. I would have had to go allin if I wanted to raise. I guess the consensus is "it depends", which sort of makes sense. Some people were tense even out of a hand. But this guy was cool as a cat when not involved in a hand.

I love the rest of the thread with their rick roll humor [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]