Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Dealing with intense anger

[ QUOTE ]
this may seem like a lame response, but its not and if you believe me then you'll be happy.

Read "The Psychology of Poker" and profit from not tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh, your perspective is skewed. After putting up with me for however long while we try to find my house, nothing can put you on tilt.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this may seem like a lame response, but its not and if you believe me then you'll be happy.

Read "The Psychology of Poker" and profit from not tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The author, Schoonmaker, also has a new book called, Your Worst Poker Enemy: Master the Mental Game, that I'm currently reading to help address my own problems of thinking I'm better than I am.

I've only read a few chapters but it seems pretty good so far. I noticed there is a section titled, "anger."

Also, the author posts in the Psychology forum, and from what I understand will send you essays if you e-mail him with your topics of concern.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:28 PM

You've got to have balance in your life. Even the guys making $500,000 a year playing poker could benefit from balance. It can be as simple as taking 5 hr/wk for a class at the local community college, just to get some human interaction on an even playing field. Make that class basic stats and you're helping your poker game in the process.

Also, keep in mind that it's much harder to remain intensely pissed off without making a fist. Set your hands flat on something for three seconds before doing anything and you'll break less stuff.

Don't think weed is a sure-fire cure. Some people don't get along with the sweet leaf. I tend to get ultra-paranoid and pissed off that I can't remember the end of any sentences I start, and as such don't smoke. Some people like it, but be open to the idea that you don't have to like doing it yourself to hang out with them.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't think weed is a sure-fire cure. Some people don't get along with the sweet leaf. I tend to get ultra-paranoid and pissed off that I can't remember the end of any sentences I start, and as such don't smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cause you suck at life.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You would be ignoring this user if his quest to accomplish anything of note in poke was not such a hilarious trainwreck. ***

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 AM

Are you one of those losers who types all sorts of despicable obsenities into chat when you get sucked out on ?

If so, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. I turned off chat long ago because of people like that.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 AM

Beat the living crap out of your phonebook. It can take a ton of punishment. Slam it down many times if you have a solid floor. Helps a bit.

Don't hit valuable stuff. That's just dumb.

Ryan
Old 10-07-2007, 03:15 AM

Screaming into a pillow is also realatively painless, and gives you a nice head rush if you do it long enough.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Screaming into a pillow is also realatively painless, and gives you a nice head rush if you do it long enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually worked [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] my wife and neighbours say thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually worked [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] my wife and neighbours say thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
21 and married?
You guys in scandinavia seem to be pretty quick. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]