Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Biggest Golf Pet Peeve

1. Fat Americans who are lazy and can't walk an 18 golf course.

2. Packed courses on the weekend.

3. Golf courses that make you take a cart on the weekend because fat, lazy Americans have to ride in carts. Eventhough you could walk faster.

4. Dudes with preshot routines longer than 10 seconds. Newsflash, the longer you stand over your ball the more likely you are to hit a sucky shot.

5. Fat, lazy Americans that need to use carts to play because they are too lazy and too fat to be in decent enough shape to walk a course.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Golf courses that make you take a cart on the weekend because fat, lazy Americans have to ride in carts. Eventhough you could walk faster.

[/ QUOTE ]
seconded

- people who take 3 minutes to line up their putt for septuple bogey
- When I'm stuck behind a slow foursome and the group behind me hits into us
- When that group doesn't apologize
- When that group does it again, but gets upset when they see me jack their ball into the woods. You were warned.
- Bad players who complain about every shot. It's not because you picked your head up/had a weak grip/came too far inside/misread the putt....it's because you suck! Yo play 4 times a year, what do you expect? Shut up already!
- Anyone who tries to give me a tip/lesson mid round. If you're not a pro, and I didn't pay you, I don't want your stupid advice! You're most likely wrong anyways...
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about, "I'm golfing"

or "I'm going to golf later"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing golf.

I'm going to play golf later.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to play at most of these courses and I let them know it. But I think it is also about more $$$ for the courses with cart fees.

Signed, an average lazy American.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 AM

dick head know-it-all country-club attitudes

most of you qualify.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 AM

Trash on a golf course.
People who walk/drive by said trash without picking it up.
Finding a divot (not a ball mark) on a green. I wish I could catch the culprit just once.

People who do not keep legit handicaps.
People who do not even attempt to smooth out a bunker after digging in and hacking three times.

Carts by the green.
Pins in crooked (and often damaging the hole).
Whining, bitching, and moaning because "I'm really better than this."

oh wait, you said biggest....

Slow Play.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uneven tee boxes. I go absolutely mental over these. I shouldn't have to spend 10 second finding a flat spot on the tee box. ROLL THE DAMN TEE BOXES!

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be #2 for me.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:55 AM

People who play extremely slow and will not let you pass even though there is no one ahead of them for 3 holes. Side Note: This is usually women who do this.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 AM

Mine mostly relate to clearing the green quickly. Growing up, my regular playing partner was my Dad, and he taught me to approach the green in such a way that I could drop my bag on a line between the hole and the next tee, so I wouldn't have to waste time after we putted out. When one of us putted out, we'd grab the pin while the other holed out.

Now I play with good friends of mine, and some of the stuff they do, I just don't get. They'll leave the CART like 40 yards up the fairway, and if I'm the last one putting, there'll often be no one anywhere near the pin. I've tried to gently suggest ways to speed up our round, but I've got a (deserved) reputation for being nitty about things like this, so they don't take me all that seriously.

I also hate when hackers like myself hit a putt and just stand there for 20 seconds staring at the hole and the contour of the green when the putt doesn't come within four feet of the hole. Look, man, you suck at putting. This result shouldn't surprise you.

-McGee
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM

Using golf as a verb and groups that won't let you play through are two of my top ones.

Another one I hate is starters who are steadfast that "I don't put singles out on the course." I'll come up to the starter--the tee has been empty for half an hour in the late afternoon. I give him my ticket, he says "we don't put singles out, wait for the next person to come." The next "person" is a foursome, so he puts them out ahead of me until he can find someone to match me up with. Meanwhile I could have been on the 3rd tee by then, not holding anyone up and enjoying playing by myself.

Possibly the worst offense of this was when my matched-up foursome finish the 9th, and the other three all quit (for 2 of them that was hole 27 I believe). I go to ten and hit my tee shot, and the starter comes yelling at me: "You can't tee off by yourself!" I told him my playing partners from the front went home. He insisted I wait for other people to be matched up with. I had to wait until 2 more foursomes came off of 9 and let them play through until a twosome came through and I joined them.

That was about 6 years ago. I wouldn't take that crap now.