Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Biggest Golf Pet Peeve

I always thought a ball retriever was not a club. It is not USGA approved as a club and you don't intend to use it as a club (and it can't help your score in any way), ergo it's not a club.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 AM

neon balls, plastic tees, sh*tty teeboxes
Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I think I have a new one that has skyrocketed to #1 for me.

GODDAMN CART PATHS!!!!!!!

The local muni that I play on (decent shape, fairly cheap) feels the need to make a nonstop cart path around the entire course. The biggest problem with this is that in most spots it is <10 yards off the fairway. Today, I sliced a ball a little bit, ok, it should settle down into the rough.

Nope, BINK! Hits Cart path, bounces 30 feet in the air and out of bounds. I scuffed up 2 more Pro-Vs today and had one bounce off of the cart path into a ditch. I'm so fed up with it that I'm willing to pay much more to play at a decent course rather than play cart path lottery with every ball that misses the fairway.

[/ QUOTE ]

More annoying when it happens during a tournament...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Guys, shemp was clearly joking about the ball retriever being counted as a club. You guys have got to be almost retarded.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The local muni that I play on (decent shape, fairly cheap) feels the need to make a nonstop cart path around the entire course. The biggest problem with this is that in most spots it is <10 yards off the fairway. Today, I sliced a ball a little bit, ok, it should settle down into the rough.

Nope, BINK! Hits Cart path, bounces 30 feet in the air and out of bounds. I scuffed up 2 more Pro-Vs today and had one bounce off of the cart path into a ditch. I'm so fed up with it that I'm willing to pay much more to play at a decent course rather than play cart path lottery with every ball that misses the fairway.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, the farther the paths are from the fairway, the longer the round plays on a paths-only day (which is often during a rainy spring).

I agree that paths 10 ft from the fairway suck, but for every foot further away from the fairway they are, another few minutes you're on the course.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, the farther the paths are from the fairway, the longer the round plays on a paths-only day (which is often during a rainy spring).

I agree that paths 10 ft from the fairway suck, but for every foot further away from the fairway they are, another few minutes you're on the course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care. Priority #1 for courses when they put cart paths in should be to get them as far away from the fairway as possible while keeping them on the hole. The extra 10 minutes on the course spread over 18 holes won't tilt me nearly as bad as watching my ball that should be settling just off the fairway hit the cart path and travel an extra 20 yards into the trees.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care. Priority #1 for courses when they put cart paths in should be to get them as far away from the fairway as possible while keeping them on the hole. The extra 10 minutes on the course spread over 18 holes won't tilt me nearly as bad as watching my ball that should be settling just off the fairway hit the cart path and travel an extra 20 yards into the trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what a bunch of nits. hit the ball straight and you wont have anything to bitch about.

why do you people even play? you are obviously not having any fun doing it.