Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Just turned pro got a couple questions?

I would asy if you held 10% roi over say 3k S&G on full tilts 20s you would be one of the better players i have ever seen play 20s
Old 10-20-2007, 05:04 AM

eh shoulda said 15% for better i have ever seen
10% is doable for an avg player over 3k
Old 10-20-2007, 05:06 AM

This better be a joke or I hope your roommates will pay your rent. Oh, GL to you.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 AM

Nah im not worried. You guys just keep track of me on Sharkscope and we will see how the progress is going.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:32 AM

LMAO you have played 330 S&Gs

GL bro may you not crash and burn
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 AM

I actually ran about a 30roi for 1k at the start of the month was hella nice.

im down to 5.5 roi on the month now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On a sick losing streak hopefully this thread raises my spirits to crush some poker next few days
Old 10-20-2007, 07:45 AM

GL man! i wish you all the success in the world. I would rec. having at least 100 bi's because you don't want to have a 30 bi downswing affecting you mentally - if you have 70 bi's and lose 30-40, you're going to be mentally [censored]. Keep a large safety roll, be smart about moving up, and keep studying the game and you should be straight. Also, imo it might not be a great idea to advertise your sharkscope records, but maybe I'm a little too cautious.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:28 AM

you guys are forgetting the difference in NONturbo sngs. theres a lot less swings and high rois are realistic and there are WAAAY less regulars/pros, if any. im sure 15-20% is possible. OP how many tables do you play at a time?

jkpoker - how can you possibly have a 30%roi in 1k games and bring that all the way down to -5% in less than 20 days?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are forgetting the difference in NONturbo sngs. theres a lot less swings and high rois are realistic and there are WAAAY less regulars/pros, if any. im sure 15-20% is possible. OP how many tables do you play at a time?

jkpoker - how can you possibly have a 30%roi in 1k games and bring that all the way down to -5% in less than 20 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

agree on the turbos vs regs but:

a) youre talking about the upper ends of attainable ROIs even at the regulars and the OP cant tell if hes on a heater at 30%...it just doesn't seem like he has the understanding of the game yet to asses playing SNGs professionally meaning I doubt he can maintain that high of an earn. Nothing personal at all against the OP, and I think the jokes in the thread are dumb fwiw, but just what its looking like from here.

b) on that same note, even if he was earning similarly to 15-20%, it doesn't seem like he is playing enough tables to make it more meaningful than achieving less than half that ROI multi tabling turbos (being that hes played 300 total or something).
Old 10-20-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It wasnt -5 it was 5 im still up a cuople thousand just playing so many and not winning drops it fast.
Playing 100+ per day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i find losing 600 a day your roi plummets on 24s lol.

True rois can be held much higher on non turbos i play couple other sites not playing turbos and hold closer to 15-20 range.

That being said 36 is not sustainable however it might not be massively far off on none turbos playing only 1-2 tables.