Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: question

Wookie, perhaps dont cover so many variants of poker and stick to one, two or 3 main ones.

Heres a slide to show right after the odds slide
"Implied Odds - You dont need correct odds to call if you think you can make up the extra bets later in the hand"

IMHO this slide would be awesome because you can manipulate them into becoming calling stations not realising that you are zomg awesome at poker and wont be a payoff monkey....also because theyll way overestimate odds of their draws.

Also give them a chart showing what hands beat what and an odds table, watch how far up the page they look and where tehy look on the odds chart and profit LDO.

of course, people love to play with chips so whip some out and theyll spend the entire time clunking them so if wont matter if you give good advice or not. Also since youve mentioned to me via aim that you dont do chip tricks you could demonstrate that you suck at tricks and that all good players can do them you really arent very goot at teh poker.

btw....are ya feeling evil today or you just dont like them or you like money more? hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 AM

i think it has to be the fact that kq is a favorite over aa because it has 6 outs and the aces only have 2
Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 AM

well here I am again in the FT 17K guarantee, ITM and we are 18/52 left.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it has to be the fact that kq is a favorite over aa because it has 6 outs and the aces only have 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, but I don't think that it is art majors that he is lecturing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I really do hope that his colleauges actually are aware of the fact that aa is ahead against kq [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 AM

For those who don't read mid-high short handed (I know Miles does), baronzeus posted a video of him 2 tabling 30/60 with commentary on his thoughts.

As someone stated in one of the threads "people who play half as good as he does charge to watch videos of their play" so I think this is a very valuable experience. Also, he doesn't exactly run very well, and it can help and be refreshing to know that people who have established themselves as winners at bigger games like 100/200+ and HU games also have bad days and run bad even against poor opponents, like those at 30/60.

Link
Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lawl, that was the best thread ever. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

aussie's implied odds slide is good

otherwise just go for all the commonly mis-applied theories.

waiting til teh turn could be a good one and watch all your buddies check their overpairs on the flop. you will be getting free cards in big pots all night.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 AM

I just played online for the first time in weeks. I'm stuck like 17BB in less than five orbits. I hate this game.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 4c 6d (two pair, sixes and fives).
CO has Ah 9h (one pair, fives).
Outcome: BB wins 10.20 BB. </font>

EDIT: Table went 3handed with JUST those guys and I'm now up 5BB. I love this game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 AM

KEEP DONKING ME [censored]

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Jc 3h (one pair, nines).
Hero has Kc Td (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>
Old 08-21-2007, 07:59 AM

SRSLY WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was one of the most horrible sessions I've ever experienced (not the most costly but the biggest load of BS I've ever seen)
Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Aussie,

I made the decision to present about all those different games because it's surprisingly easy to do so if you present it right. Basically, I have a slide for "Draw Poker" and explain in general how a draw poker game works, then it's followed by a slide naming the specific variants five card draw and TDL, and I can pretty easily explain that the only difference is the win condition. I do the same thing with "Stud Poker" and "Community Card Poker." Like, I can't talk to people who know absolutely nothing about poker and not at least introduce five card draw, and there's no way I could skip out on hold'em, and if I do that, it's pretty easy to mention TDL and omaha, and at that point, I might as well mention stud for completeness's sake.

Your bit about implied odds is killer here. That's just thing I was looking for. It's elementary enough that I can fit it in, and it's tricky enough that it'll be horribly misapplied. Something like "waiting for the turn to raise" and "protecting your hand" are devious concepts, but I'd have to spend about another hour talking about strategy in order to introduce those concepts. Expect the money to be shipped to you by tomorrow night.
Closed Thread