Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 09:53 AM

Default $500-BAnkroll Challenge- U.S Players Advice

I play mostly MTTs and SNG on all the major sites. A firend of mine who is impressed with my results over the last 2 years, wishes to give me $500 to try to grow (50/50 split after stake, reviewd each quarter) We are follwoing Fuergusons bankroll rules (No more then 5% of bankroll in play at anytime at ring games or SNG, no more then 2.5% in MTT, etc). I plan on playing $20 sng and 25NL to start, which was how I built my own bankroll) Taking into account all things each sites have to offer (bonus, player points, freerolls. rakeback, etc) I am torn between which site to use. The all have their plus and minus. For instance- Pstars has a great FFP system, and millions of satelittes, but their MTT are usually massive fields that cause High variance. Bodog has small MTT fields and easy ring games, but SNG taffic can be slow at times. So, any advice is appreciated.

BTW- since i never tried before, is it still possible to create a new account and keep an old one active? I don't wish to confuse his bankroll with mine

Thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: $500-BAnkroll Challenge- U.S Players Advice

You can only have one account at each site.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A firend of mine who is impressed with my results over the last 2 years, wishes to give me $500 to try to grow

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 09-05-2007, 10:04 AM

If you have good results over 2 years at the levels you mentioned why would you want to mess around with his $500?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have good results over 2 years at the levels you mentioned why would you want to mess around with his $500?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair question- It's more of a challenge then anything else. He doesn't play all that much and he wants a little piece of the action thats all. The money wont hurt him if its lost.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 AM

I suggest not doing it at all. The proposition makes no sense. If we break it down these are the two possible options.

1) You are a good winning player. If that is the case then why sell 50% of your profit for a $500 bankroll? If you have been playing long enough to establish that you can actually make money playing poker then $500 shouldn't be an issue. You mentioned building up your own bankroll so why would you stop playing with your bankroll and keeping 100% of the profit?

2) You are not a winning player. In which case you will lose your friend's money and probably hurt the friendship.

I can't see any scenario where being bankrolled for low limit poker is a correct move. It makes no sense.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest not doing it at all. The proposition makes no sense. If we break it down these are the two possible options.

1) You are a good winning player. If that is the case then why sell 50% of your profit for a $500 bankroll? If you have been playing long enough to establish that you can actually make money playing poker then $500 shouldn't be an issue. You mentioned building up your own bankroll so why would you stop playing with your bankroll and keeping 100% of the profit?

2) You are not a winning player. In which case you will lose your friend's money and probably hurt the friendship.

I can't see any scenario where being bankrolled for low limit poker is a correct move. It makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again- good question. I'm not really being "bankrolled" for my own means. I will still play with my own BR and all profits are mine. The $500 is seperate. We did discuss many options of the stake such as he can ask me to stop at any time, etc. PErhaps I din't go into enough detail.He has 'rolled me before in live play and we have had success. There have been times when I won, but also when I lost, He chalks it up to an "investment". He doesnt play much online for various reasons (time being one of them) and he just wants to see what we can do. The discussion started after reading about Fuergueson recent $10,000 mark. He asked if I felt his bankroll management was the main reason he was able to achieve it. I said yes, that and he's a great player, of course, So it grew from there. Mainly, I just want peoples opinion of where to get the most "Bang for your buck" I play at many different sites, so I just find the games or MTT i want to play and go from there. Part of this is that I can only pick one site. Just want to see what you all think.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:35 AM

That still makes no sense. Sorry. But any time you are playing with the joint bankroll you can't be playing with your bankroll. If you are a profitable player there is no way this is not a money losing proposition for you.

People constantly try to give me money for sports. It is really bad to the point where I avoid going out around the start of the football season because it is annoying. Now with sports I would not lose any money. Adding $500 to a bet doesn't cost me any time, money or effort since I had to research the games anyway but I still don't do it because while it costs me nothing it also nets me nothing.

When faced with a bankrolling situation you have to ask what am I getting out of this? I don't see that answered in any of your posts. So how exactly are you better off because of this arrangement?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:07 AM

OP if you are a winning player and already have a bankroll to play the limits you play then why would you wanna do this? You are simply going from all profits are yours to half are his now. DUCY that is dumb?

Unless you are taking a shot with that $500 at a limit you would NEVER play with your own money dont do it.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are taking a shot with that $500 at a limit you would NEVER play with your own money dont do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

play mtt that you would never play with your own money where if you ft you can make good profit.