Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Am I an angle-shooting douchebag?

So 1) Should he have his account suspended?
2) Should all the money he won be returned to other players?
3) Should OP learn not to be a poor loser?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The player who took most of my money would win a huge pot, get up to a couple of thousand, then immediately leave and sit back down again with just $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this thinking. If the guy won a big stack, but then internally promised himself that he would not gamble more than $200 of it, does he owe the table their money back? What difference does it make whether the money is on the table or off, if the owner of the stack gets to choose his bets?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had you won and not lost, would you have reported him?
If yes then the answer is no.
If no then the answer is yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying here is...

If Jim had won and still reported it, the guy should not have his account suspended, and no funds should be returned.

If Jim had won and not reported it, the guy should have his account suspended, and all funds should be returned.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........
Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I an angle-shooting douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The player who took most of my money would win a huge pot, get up to a couple of thousand, then immediately leave and sit back down again with just $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this thinking. If the guy won a big stack, but then internally promised himself that he would not gamble more than $200 of it, does he owe the table their money back? What difference does it make whether the money is on the table or off, if the owner of the stack gets to choose his bets?

[/ QUOTE ]
It makes a lot of difference in unlimited texas holdem, where you put men to decisions for all their chips.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think it's weird that iPoker cheating investigations are supposedly left to the individual skins? Why should it matter that this guy is Titan and not CDPoker? This is a network problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a network problem. My understanding was the guy had accounts at both sites and then hopped out with the big stack and back on with the short stack from the other site to clean out the guy he was running good against with little risk. If you are allowed to have accounts at multiple iPoker skins this seems to be the loophole he is exploiting.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It makes a lot of difference in unlimited texas holdem, where you put men to decisions for all their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed my point. Regardless of whether you think I'm a good player or not, if I've firmly decided that I'm never ever putting more than $200 of my ginormous stack at risk, why does that entitle the rest of the table to get my stack returned to them?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got wiped out at a $5/$10 PLO table. The player who took most of my money would win a huge pot, get up to a couple of thousand, then immediately leave and sit back down again with just $200. Unlike on Party, this is NOT allowed on iPoker. In fact when you try to do it, it's not possible - you have to sit with the same you left with. It was infuriating to see him take money off the table like that. I talked with CDPoker online support who told me he had found a software bug which he was exploiting, and they would suspend his account (and, possibly, give me my money back since he was in breach of the site's terms and conditions). They then discovered he was playing through the Titan skin and told me to report him to them. So I have just had the same conversation with Titan. She said "Our Poker Team is checking on it. We're forwarding this matter. I am talking to our Poker Team as well." Who knows what will happen.

So 1) Should he have his account suspended?

I hope so...

[/ QUOTE ]

I though you only rail PLO luckyjim? now you actually play it? I really miss you action post from NVG bro.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 AM

It would not be possible for someone sitting with $2000 to play PLO properly while never risking more than $200 in a hand. It just wouldn't work! Their opponent raises them, they have to fold. So that comparison is not sensible.

It was 7.30am when we were playing. There were no other $5/$10 games running, and this table was just three-handed. It was the only game in town. When the player first pulled this trick, the third player said "Are you [censored] kidding me?" and left in disgust. I should have done the same. But a replacement third player joined us, and I kept on playing.

He was taking money off the table and that is clearly against the rules. It makes all the difference if there is no other game running.

His username fwiw is xxxCMFxxx and he's from Bergheim

I doubt very much I'll hear back from Titan, but I do think they should suspend his account if not give me my money back.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 AM

What you are asking for luckyjimm is a freeroll.
You play the guy regardless of how you feel about his actions with the full intent that if you lose you will demand your money back from the site.
Stop asking for your money back(that you lost fair and square)and get on to the site in question to fix this problem they have with players returning into a game shortstacked.