Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Beau Rivage $1/2 NL best strategy

I'm going to play at the beau Sunday for about 8-10 hours (haven't played NL but once live) Decent player (break even slightly up overall).

I've got $700 to play with.

What's the best strategy to play in the $1/2NL game at the Beau. There's no cap as I understand.

My bi-weekly home game is typically $5-20 NL with 5/10 cent blinds. I usually buy-in with 5, lose it fairly quickly showing something dumb and then go into ABC mode and do pretty well (Mike Caro just suggested the same thing in BLUFF last issue..I think).

What do you guys recommend. I'm probably a little tight playing live at the $1/2 but think I can get pretty decent reads/feels for the players.

What should I buy-in with to feel comfortable and have a little room for the suited connectors?

1. $150ish? (gives me around 4.5 buy-ins)
2. $225ish (normal play)
3. $60-80 (play silly short and push a couple of times preflop with top 5 hands and pick-up 50-70 bucks or double up, or lose it all and then ABC it

I'm there to have some fun and to pay for the trip with my wife (we're gonna take your advice and maybe go to BR Prime? at the Beau or go over to Ruth's Chris). Want to try and make about 250-350.

Think I'm better off at the 1/2 instead of the 2/5.

Thoughts. (other than the "Hey, come sit at MY table comments")
I'll be easily recognizable. The panzy rock who tries to only get it all in with the nuts or the best hand.

E