Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Turn gives me more than enough to continue - 3/6 Party 6 Max

3/6 (6 max) on Party, effective stacks $1800.

I raise 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the hijack to 21, button calls, so does SB and BB.

Button seems tight and shows the ability to fold hands - but this was when he was the raiser. No idea what his calling range is here, but I don't feel like he's floating me. He probably has a legit holding.

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Pot = 80-ish

Checked to me, I bet 80, Button calls, blinds fold. I check-fold this here with 3 callers about 98% of the time, but I bet here. I'm not really concerned with this street.

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Pot = 240-ish.

Line on the turn? I decided to bet, but given stack depth, I'm not sure about this. This is the street I'm most concerned about. I bet $200, he calls.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Pot = $640, we are about 1500 deep.

Should I remotely even consider a c/r here? If I do bet, how much?

D
Old 03-21-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Turn gives me more than enough to continue - 3/6 Party 6 Max

I bet 100 to 150 and hope he raises.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:00 PM

Don't c/r here, he checks behind alot with marginal hands. Anything that pays off a c/r will raise your river bet anyway. That doesn't look too likely though. Just bet whatever you think he will call based on history with him and your betting patterns.

Fin
Old 03-21-2006, 01:10 PM

Bet 500...pretty consistent with your near potsized bets the entire hand. Don't like a C/R as villain is unlikely to bet a TPTK hand here because of stack sizes and will call this bet or raise with any hand you can C/R as said before. By the way, nice runner, runner, hope you scooped a big pot.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet 500...pretty consistent with your near potsized bets the entire hand. Don't like a C/R as villain is unlikely to bet a TPTK hand here because of stack sizes and will call this bet or raise with any hand you can C/R as said before. By the way, nice runner, runner, hope you scooped a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-21-2006, 01:45 PM

Bet 550.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Bet whatever you think he will call or raise. I'd say 200-250 and pray he tries to push you off the hand.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:42 PM

I like the turn bet. I hate to check in these spots because I know that I will probably call any reasonable bet from villan, so why not maintain the lead. By betting you can also represent a made hand on river if the draw misses.

I agree with others about the c/r on river, probably villan will check behind unless he is slowplaying a set(unlikely). 400-500 would probably get paid off by AK or KQ. I don't see any other hand calling any other kind of bet.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:58 PM

This is an awesome spot for a play I've seen someone do this weekend: open-push the river with the nuts. Looks perfectly like a bluff, considering we don't put villain on a set and villain will think we're trying to push him off TPTK with a weaker holding, a missed draw or a steal gone wrong.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an awesome spot for a play I've seen someone do this weekend: open-push the river with the nuts. Looks perfectly like a bluff, considering we don't put villain on a set and villain will think we're trying to push him off TPTK with a weaker holding, a missed draw or a steal gone wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this lots but not this deep because they never call me. I like a bet of ~550 to pot-size.