Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Big Event. Can I go?

Just start this off, this is a complete donkey post.

I really just want to know, how can i win entrance into a big event? WSOP, WPT, I just want to go on vacation, and play some poker, and i'd rather not spend 10k doing so.

How can I, if i'm decent at tournament poker, qualify to go to one of these events? Whats the best site? How much money should i budget for qualifiers? Has anybody done this? And can you give me the scoop on how its done.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Big Event. Can I go?

OK...I will bite...

IF you are indeed a good MTT player and understand how to play a satellite...then I think it is reasonable to feel you could qualify for half of the buy-in...

here is my reasoning...last year on stars and tilt I won entry into the WSOP on my first try...I realize this was crazy good luck but I really believe I could make it close to the bubble most of the time (60-70%), then it is just a matter of playing properly and with a little luck you are in...

IMHO the bigger the field and the higher the buy-in the more likely you are to qualify. I would rather play 1000 people at $1000 each for 100 seats than a 10 person sit n go for 1 seat.

Keep in mind though there is still a good chance you could spend 5k-10k and have NOTHING to show for it...

I am sure this does not help...but I prefer stars to everything else when it come to these sort of things...
Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Big Event. Can I go?

go read the anthology sticky in the small stakes MTT strat forum. Linky

specifically "Adanthar's Quick Guide to Qualifying for Big Events through Satellites plus his updated post"

Gold. Solid f'n gold.