Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 PM

Default 44 BB garbage flop, whats the standard line here?

Villain is 54/16/1.5 for 6 handed mined stats. First hand at the table... I seem to be doing alot of this lately, just wondering how standard it is.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.70 BB
Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: 44 BB garbage flop, whats the standard line here?

How many mined hands!!?!!

This is not standard for me. I would call down after 3-bet. If I wanted to find a fold here I'd cap the flop and bet/fold the turn and river. I would often just check call the flop too (with hardly any plan for the turn).
Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 PM

~1200 mined hands. I dunno if I can just call here cus you have no idea where you stand and just about any turn card can hurt you.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM

soooooooo bad

dont make the pot big and then fold unless villain has done a lot to define his hand which he hasnt here
Old 03-08-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
~1200 mined hands. I dunno if I can just call here cus you have no idea where you stand and just about any turn card can hurt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that just about any turn card can hurt you, but the thing is, you can't find out where you stand on the flop at a 4-handed table HU against an aggressive player (well, unless he simply folds to the checkraise, but he won't).
Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 PM

So ch/r/call call call against an unknown as long as the board doesnt get ugly?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:02 PM

I don't think there's any magic line, really. You've got a marginal hand that may or may not be best and little chance to get Villain to make a bad Fundamental Theorum of Poker fold. About the best you can hope for (in terms of his making a big mistake) is that he'll spew by posturing with a 6-outer, but you may discover at showdown that he was value-betting and you were the one spewing.

The flop does look good for your hand and I think it makes you a favorite to win (prior to any action), but I wouldn't play for a big pot, and I wouldn't be looking for a place to fold either.

Miles' initial advice seemed good to me (well, so long as you don't use the lines he gave that involve folding very often, and I basically don't think I ever would on this board).
Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that just about any turn card can hurt you, but the thing is, you can't find out where you stand on the flop at a 4-handed table HU against an aggressive player (well, unless he simply folds to the checkraise, but he won't).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - against an aggressive player like this just start calling this down. These guys just give you money betting their AT all the way down. Only an A gives me pause in these situations.