Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

wow!
the best episode yet
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 AM

Oh i didn't even see the Ace of diamond, sorry my bad, i thought they said on High Stakes Guy held the Ace of clover for an Ace high flush draw.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow!
the best episode yet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 AM

So... what? Barry folded a big ace preflop or something? Is that supposed to be the idea?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 AM

Do you think if Doyle did not have the nut redraw, he would have called against Guy in the Ace crappy kicker hand?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 AM

i really enjoyed the interaction between sammy and patrik in the big hand...patrik saying no no no was hilarious...and patrik saying i got a pair, the top pair...and farha saying omg top pair get some more patriks in here

kinda wish they woulda chopped...felt bad for sammy as he was a favorite and lost 3 outta 4...if patrik was a favorite and lost 3 outta 4 people would want farha's head
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why they made such a big deal out of Doyle's call there. With the nut flush draw, and the fact that Guy has shown himself to be kind of out of control, that was a trivially easy call getting around ~4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad logic, how has guy shown himself to be "out of control". The other two times guy made a huge raise like this he had a very strong hand.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but... it's a TV SHOW.

i'm pretty sure that when it comes to tv shows, the world does, in fact, revolve around making good tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that is not the only important point here, since the people on HSP aren't just playing for our entertainment, they are also playing for each others money - and a lot of it too. So the producers have to keep them happy for them to play at all. I doubt, Brunson, Greenstein, etc. would play in a 500K buy-in NLHE game if the producers forced rules on them that they don't like. There has to be some compromise.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over)

This was one hell of an episode. Someone earlier stated that how can Guy not put Doyle on a hand in that scenario and come back over the top. The only logical conclusion I could come to is that he might have heard Doyle say he's steaming and then pop the raise, and also the fact that Doyle's sitting in front of the button. Asides from that, it was a horrible time to make that play.
Another thing I realized, both largest pots in HSP's history have had something to do with Jaime Gold. Doyle pops that raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after Jaime tells him his hand and Doyle realized he had him beat with a higher flush. This lead Doyle to play somewhat outta sync then he normally does, pretty quick call. Then later Doyle busts Sammy's balls about him sleeping with Jamie Gold which makes Farha make the insta call on PA's shove on a huge reraise. The Jamie Gold effect, wow, as Wayne Newton would say, DONK-A SHAM, oh darling DONK-A SHAM...
Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 AM

Antonio swopped seats to get position on guy?

Can someone please make a me a avatar of Sammy saying i can't tell you and patrik saying 'no no no' so funny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
The convo would make an awesome ytmnd too!