Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Show my bluffs at SSNL?

I originally posted this in Psychology, but it seems that no one reads that forum.

I see people showing bluffs and was wondering if I should be doing it. I know it's done for metagame - but do people really change the way they play at low limits anyway? Can you guys let me know what you think. Worth doing it or not?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Show my bluffs at SSNL?

Never show anything to your opponents. Keep them guessing.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM

I never show a hand that I am not required to show. I have the 'always muck hand' box checked on every site I play. Meta or shania is not that important at SSNL. The bad players aren't paying attention and you do not want to give a good player a clue about how you played a hand, especially a bluff.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Showing a bluff might help to tilt an otherwise decent opponent in a small stakes game. But generally I don't think it's worth the additional information you give to the other opponents.

Pretty much the only times I show a hand are when I'm on a 2+2 table or in an MTT. And it's still rare in the second case.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:26 PM

In tourneys, I often show if I'm BB and it's folded to me (Gee -- I had two cards there).

Otherwise I only show if I want to change my table image. For example, if I'm getting no action, I might show a bluff. However, more likely, I'll just keep stealing their chips until people figure it out on their own.

Other than that, if it's a friendly table, and someone showed me their cards when I cared. I might show them mine once, if it's a non-bluff.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:53 PM

I show it the odd time. There's various reasons i think its +ev to show every so often.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never show a hand that I am not required to show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 AM

If you are playing against solid players, there is never a reason to show a hand. They actually know more about the way you are playing than you do, don't help them.

I actually realise I'm doing something to much etc when good players react and I notice what they are doing in repsonse, don't give them any more info!!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM

What about showing the absolute nuts? Quads, straight flushes, etc. I know these hands don't happen often, but I always felt they added to my perception as an extremely tight player, which is what I want people to think.

As a side note this is only for live games, as the above poster said I have the auto-muck checked for online play.

--

I re-read OP. Sorry if I went completely off-topic, but thoughts would still be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about showing the absolute nuts? Quads, straight flushes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's an unwritten law in poker which states that you must show quads & straight flushes whenever you get them. It happens so rarely that it will probably have zero effect on your table image, but hey, them's big hands & it seems a shame not to share them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]