Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2007, 01:45 AM

Default College Wongs

i know some of us have speculated that perhaps college games with lower expected totals might qualify for wong teaser status.
The idea being that a lower expected total means a smaller range for possible outcomes.
Regretfully, it just isn't the case. The only way to get the basic 6 point teaser leg higher than 69% by different total subsets is when the expected total is less than 35.5. There have only been 6 times this has happened since 1998. the teaser leg went 5-1, so there are sample size issues even with that.

So, lower totals still don't make college wongs good

I have also speculated that restricting it to the larger conferences (current BCS 6) might make them slightly better. Unfortunately, I've pulled all my data off the goldsheet and there is no simple way to parse out games only involving those teams since the goldsheet spells each team about 20 different ways. I'd have to go through game by game (I have about 17.5k games from 93 and on). Maybe I'll hire some high school kid to do it in the future. However, I'm not expecting much.

Oh well... was a thought.