[ QUOTE ]
I am a super nit and I never open limp

[/ QUOTE ]

ur avatar tilts me plz stop posting

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude your avatar is giving me epilepsy
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: No limping in 6 max?

i do limp sometimes. 22-55 UTG OOP against 3 CS's is not a profitable raise, you will get called. but this is very rare.

people are dumb if they think raise or fold all the time.

if 2 or 3 people limp in and you have some sort of specultive hand and your opponents are not the type to fold at any point, i will often limp on the button. you are losing tonnes of value by not limping. things like 75o, you can't really profitably raise usually, but limping is often better than folding.

i think people are just worried their stats will change from 22/20 to 22/17 or someting
Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's really nitty of me but I fold 55- UTG in 6max. Unless it's a really loose table

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise any pp in any position in an unopened pot.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are times to limp but it's usually best not to.

If it's folded to me with 33 OTB, for instance, and one or both of the blinds are very very short I'll sometimes limp. I'll also limp behind a bunch of other limpers sometimes with small pairs, suited connecters and suited aces and kings.

I can't think of many other occasions, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just raise and call their shove getting like 4:1 and gamble

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't calling a shove preflop, necessarily, it's that when you're called the stack sizes are very awkward. In particular the effectiveness of c-betting is diminished greatly because it's so easy for shorty to shove over the top. Sometimes when that happens I lay down the best hand, and sometimes I call with two outs. limping avoids these spots, and sometimes lets you turn the tables and put villain in similar spots.

That's how I look at it anyway. You probably know better, though, seeing as you once cussed out my screen name on these forums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Edit: BTW, I overemphasised the shortness of stacks required. I meant stacks around 20bb to 40bb.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:18 AM

never say never
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

If I am UTG with AA, I have tried raising by any amount and it can lead to one of 3 situations, only one of which is desirable.

Everybody folds (Not Good)

UTG + 1 calls and starts a domino cascade of calls (Not good unless Ace hits on flop)

Only once person calls or re-raises (Ideal).

However on the merits of this topic on 6-Max limping I find that if I limp then almost always someone will raise, adding money in to the pot and then giving me another bet as it were.

If everyone folds I will then call the bet if they are a passive player or raise by more than double to fein a bluff if they are very agressive.

If more than one person calls the other persons raise I will do a genuine big raise to narrow the number of hands or win the pot.

I don't have any statistics to back this up but I'm sure my equity has turned out much more in the long run than just raising.

I'm sure that a lot of the time I just clear 2 x $4 bets when the raise (100NL), which is fine. Often tho someone re-raises leading to an All-in.

Obviously I don't always do this, especially if someone has called and seen my pcoket cards. However if you only do this with AA and never bluff and people haven't seen your cards and it's happened a few times, eventually some observant agressive player with call your raise thinking it's the same old bullsh*t.

Any comments?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:44 AM

For me it depends on the table aggression. If there are 26/23 players left to act behind me, I'll sometimes (~25%)limp with 44 intending to call their raise. Also, the Ed Miller example of limping hands like J9s on the button against weak opponents in the blinds.

I think it also depends on table image and your ability to take control of the hand. I haven't limp re-raised in eons, but I can't say that it is always a bad play. Weak opponents only do this with two hands, if you can broaden your raise and you know that villain will not calla LRR lightly, then there is some merit in it.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

If I am UTG with AA, I have tried raising by any amount and it can lead to one of 3 situations, only one of which is desirable.

Everybody folds (Not Good)

UTG + 1 calls and starts a domino cascade of calls (Not good unless Ace hits on flop)

Only once person calls or re-raises (Ideal).

However on the merits of this topic on 6-Max limping I find that if I limp then almost always someone will raise, adding money in to the pot and then giving me another bet as it were.

If everyone folds I will then call the bet if they are a passive player or raise by more than double to fein a bluff if they are very agressive.

If more than one person calls the other persons raise I will do a genuine big raise to narrow the number of hands or win the pot.

I don't have any statistics to back this up but I'm sure my equity has turned out much more in the long run than just raising.

I'm sure that a lot of the time I just clear 2 x $4 bets when the raise (100NL), which is fine. Often tho someone re-raises leading to an All-in.

Obviously I don't always do this, especially if someone has called and seen my pcoket cards. However if you only do this with AA and never bluff and people haven't seen your cards and it's happened a few times, eventually some observant agressive player with call your raise thinking it's the same old bullsh*t.

Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

pls dont limp rr shorthanded games at ssnl
Old 07-20-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a super nit and I never open limp

[/ QUOTE ]

ur avatar tilts me plz stop posting

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude your avatar is giving me epilepsy

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant even figure out whats going on in urs
Old 07-20-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pls dont limp rr shorthanded games at ssnl

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain this in some detail for me. I appreciate not limping hands that arn't strong enough to raise with, but can you never feign weakness in 6 max with limping against highly agressive players?