Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Stud High - River Play against two players

I can't put either of these players on a hand. Seat 2 has been calling my completions with a number of questionable hands. Given the action on 4th, I bet out 5th with the hope that seat 2 will raise seat 7 out of there/know how boned I am. Without the raise, I figure I'm not crushed by trips or anything here (slight concern I'm being slow rolled).

What's my river play when I hit two pair and both of these pesky guys have hung on until now...

what about if I don't improve?

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.45 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street - (8.23 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (11.23 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (14.23 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Total pot: (14.23 BB - $28.45)
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Stud High - River Play against two players

You've been the aggressor thru out the hand, so keep driving the bus....BET

Seat 2's raises on 4th, then go into call down mode, don't make a lot of sense. Alot of times at this level, they will pull a stunt like this when they hit a pair w/a draw of some kind or just an outright bluff.

Seat 7 appears to have 1 gear...call. I wouldn't be surprised if he called you all the way down with split 6's.

You're probably good unless one of them lucked into trips or a small straight.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're probably good unless one of them lucked into trips or a small straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess thats the real question...whatever they are drawing at, i'm probably good enough of the time against them individually, but what about when you put them together against me?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:49 PM

This is true. But you are forgetting 2 factors . . 1) what is the chance that they call you with something other than the hand they are drawing to- 2 small pair , one pair, etc and you get paid off. 2) Seat 2 likely isn't drawing given the 4th street action, 2 pair seems much more likely. 3) the chance that you get called in both spots by worse hands, which happens a decent amount at this level
Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM

Id keep it on the gas. My guess is you are up against 10s up and maybe a straight draw. Id bet.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM

1.) Why are you playing $1-$2, I thought you normally played higher?
2.) Seat 7 is a moron.
3.) If 4th street did not exist in this hand, I would advocate a bet/fold on the river as you will likely be called by worse hands given the action and only raised by hands that have you completely crushed. However, given your 4th street action, you could hvae easily convinced seat 2 that you are beating the crap out of him. He might have just simmered with trips. Given that this small, I still think bet/fold is the way to go.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) Why are you playing $1-$2, I thought you normally played higher?

[/ QUOTE ]

donking around at work in this case while writing a motion. donking around playing at all in general since I got booted off crypto...haven't really been playing much at all and haven't quite gotten comfortable playing at FT or stars yet, in large part because I havent played much....chicken and the egg.

I have reapplied myself to heavy drinking since the law though, so that's something [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM

I'm writing an order right now. Judicial clerkship. 75 hour week. Bad mood. Heavy drinking is a requirement.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm writing an order right now. Judicial clerkship. 75 hour week. Bad mood. Heavy drinking is a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. somehow I luckboxed into the not-even 40 hour a week job, working for a solo older guy who comes in from about 10:30-3 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Speaking of that, its time to go home.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM

They will call with a lot more hands you beat if you bet than they will bet if you check, so bet. You also are unlikely to get raised since it looks like you could have a flush going down as well.