Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Downswing Need Sanity Check from 2+2ers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to be fair, he's logged over 200K hands and has been winning at a reasonable rate.

Could he have won more? Perhaps. But his style has been working for him and probably are more appropriate for THOSE tables then people give credit for.

A lot of the reason we raise is to (1) build a pot (2) isolate/narrow the field (3) disguise our hands (4) buy the button (5) steal blinds, etc.

When the table is littered with calling stations, reasons (2), (3), (4) & (5) all disappear.

Also- when players are more likely to make HUGE mistakes postflop for large amounts of money, the more correct it is to see more flops cheap.

I agree that this isn't the best advice for a new player. But to discount that a loose passive style can't be a winning strategy is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree and disagree- it is true that 2-5 disappear at these micro-limits because a pfr is not respected. But I also see a lot of donks raising 1BB and reraising the min- grow some balls. My 4-6BB raises narrow the field to 1-2 dudes and my cbets (72%) of the time usually are good. If not, I fire on the turn and take it down.

Jerry is a Loose Passive donk who only plays post flop with good hands- I'd extract a lot of money from him preflop by making him pay to see and run when his donkishass hits it hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you even play 10nl bro?