Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-25-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Official APPT Macau Thread (and meet up)

[ QUOTE ]
Um.. as a long time lurker at 2p2, I want to thank all the people at this site for sharing their wisdom with us donkeys. I finished this event 3rd... sick result considering that this was my first live tournament and I was qualified through an $11 rebuy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job
Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you all for the support. After my finish, i was approached by Pokerestars and was offered a sponsorship for APPT Sydney grand final. That made me feel a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats Bond Girl

Bond you teach good
Old 11-25-2007, 08:38 PM

lol didn't know where else to put this but last night was the most fun i've ever had in the pit..

me/travestyfund (travis rice) were supposed to meet up w/people for dinner at Okada at the Wynn which ended up just being us two cuz of people flaking out because of the bungy jumping we did earlier in the day and other reasons but anyways..

we had a ton of kobe/sushi/bottle of wine, then flipped for the bill. obv travis is a huge lucksack and won. even though the bill wasn't much he was totally sweating it because he desperately wanted to gamble his roll on baccarat and only had a couple k left in HKD in addition to his card not working.

so after dinner we head over to the baccarat tables, find a cute lucky dealer and proceed to buyin. travis throws down everything he has in his wallet (including 20s!), and i surprisingly find lots of cash in my wallet (thanks usher gf!) 10k HKD (about $1350ish USD) sounds like a good amount so off we go...

the chips that they give me turn out to be a 5k, 4 1ks, and 2 500s. i was about to bet 2k before travis was like "wtf dude, that 5k is so pretty, you should bet it!"

... so i did.

the dealer finishes shuffling, and all the dumb dealer stuff that they need to do and start. we both bet on banker, she deals, and player shows a K and a 9. WTF MAN. this is like the baccarat equivalent of being dealt aces on the first hand as it's a "natural 9" which is the best hand possible. our best bet is to tie so i look at the cards the crazy asian way and do my best to rip the [censored] out of them as i'm looking at them in every angle possible. first card... J, second card.... 9 ball. ship it baby.

i see this as a sick sign and throw the rest of the 10k in and decide that the baccarat gods love me. the dealer deals the next hand and her hand is.. Q and a 9?!?!?! someone hates me.

me and travis have such bad luck gambling on anything together that we just look at each other and bitch a bit cuz that's so standard. w/e man [censored] it we're gonna be fine. i look at the cards again one by one trying to bend them like it changes the outcome and the first card is another J.. and BAM BABY 9 BALL. LOL

this is all becoming an epiphany to me and i think i'm the luckiest mfer in the place. the 15k is tomorrow and i'm def positive i'm gonna win it now. i'm gonna do my best to play the biggest pots possible w/the worst hand and it won't matter cuz i'll just suck out.

so what do i do after that? a rational person might leave the table and think that they just dodged a bullet but no... i take out my wallet and pull out everything in it (thank god i didn't bring *that* much). considering that we didn't have any cash left if we lost i figured it would be smart to keep about 220 HKD for a taxi back to our hotel just in case.

dealer counts out all the funky bills that i have of 1ks, 500s, 100s, 50s, 20s, 10s, and it totals 8600 more. [censored] yeah baby let's gamble. i throw all of it on top of the 10k and bet on banker again.

dealer deals and player shows a K and a Q. good good.. then we get dealt a T and a 6. pretty sweet. dealer pulls another card to player and a J rolls off SO WE WIN like 20 something k between us.

we hit and ran as fast as we could and laughed our way all the way back to the Grand Waldo.

baccarat in macau is the [censored].

oh btw.. i bought a new watch yesterday at the venetian and by some vv odd coincidence it was almost the same exact amount as what i won at the wynn. i love how everything always works itself out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 11:34 PM

i left for hong kong last night, fly out to st kitts in a few hours, good to meet a few of you. gl in 15k all playing.

jp
Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 AM

Had the priviledge of meeting JayPez, LearnedFromTv and DayLewis on this trip. All nice guys. Have a safe journey home.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM

lol timex

Mike McDonald eliminated in 15th position

On a flop ot K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Eric Assadourin checks to Mike McDonald in the cutoff. McDonald makes it 3,000 and Assadourian raises to 11,000. McDonald moves all-in for and Assadourian makes the call.

McDonald: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Assadourian: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The turn is the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the river is the 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], giving Assadourian a flush and busting McDonald from the tournament. Assadourian now up to 80,000.

(They don't say what he moved in for, but sounds like 30-35k-ish)
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM

I put him on AK
Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 PM

well, darn it.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM

busto 14th. meh. AK < JJ for like 3rd in chips.

w/e time to party.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM

thanks for busting on an odd number timex