Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Mason... Sir,

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Our compromise concerning TE is now in place and he is free to post again. The PPA representative who we occasionally deal with (and who will remain anonymous) agrees that "it's a good solution."

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

What was with the ban? I assumed you were considering my offer about posting my PPA title under my screen name. You think anyone here didn't know my position that day.

I guess you were showing me who's boss. Congrats.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that Mason and David were quite explicit in expressing their stance (to the consternation of many) that internet gambling was not necessarily an activity they felt compelled to endorse.

Those of you who expect, or feel that you are somehow “owed” more than a neutral PPA position from 2+2 because of your patronage have romanticized this forum and its function.

Mason stands to reap financial gain from the success of the PPA’s agenda, yet due to ethical principles does not aid their cause by actively lending his support or name cachet to enhance the organization’s legitimacy.

Agree with him or not, his actions have been consistent and are deserving of respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that Mason's position is based upon issues within the makeup of the board, not ethical issues, and this is why the stance is neutral. It is also my understanding that if the board issues were resolved, that the position of 2+2 COULD become positive towards the PPA.

Mason's personal views and ethics are totally outside of this discussion, but I do believe the position 2+2 to be based upon the issues I mentioned and not personal ethics.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<<<It should be evident that TE, who has indeed worked very hard, has done that hard work not for the direct benefit of 2p2 as a commercial entity, but for the benefit of the PPA.>>>>

Do you really believe this? You sincerely believe that The Engineer has done all the work he has done over the last year simply for the benefit of the PPA as an organization?

Ah. . .the good ole days have returned. Every "last post" in every thread in this forum belongs to BluffThis again. . . and they all say basically the same thing.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Les, I thank you and everyone else who was with me. My only goal has been to get all poker legalized everywhere.

Everyone: This will be my last post on this forum for a while. I really don't need this. Besides, we're progressed beyond where we were a few months ago. I'll be at the PPA forum sometimes, at http://webringamerica.com/4/pokerpla...wforum.php?f=2 .

Take care all,

TE
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Our compromise concerning TE is now in place and he is free to post again. The PPA representative who we occasionally deal with (and who will remain anonymous) agrees that "it's a good solution."

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

What was with the ban? I assumed you were considering my offer about posting my PPA title under my screen name. You think anyone here didn't know my position that day.

I guess you were showing me who's boss. Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Engineer, glad to see you. Can we all get back to work now? There's more important things for us to worry about, like the bad beats I keep taking.

Oh, and all those nice things we may have said, don't believe a word. Lies, ALL LIES!!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Losit,

Again, just how hard is it for TE to have a disclaimer and/or a subtitle? You are acting as if he is being to asked to do something very hard and that damages his integrity. If another board member, currently not a poster on 2p2, was asked to do this in advance, would/should that board member refuse when he/she thought that posting here could help the PPA? Again, the hurdle is very low even if it comes up at every turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My honest answer? I don't understand why Mason or TE are being as obstinate as they are. Frankly it doesn't matter. The end result is that we are in the process of losing one of our most valuable resources. I think the point you are trying to make in a round about way is that this is trivial, so why can't he just agree? I agree it is trivial, but I'm not TE, so I don't fully understand. Nor do I care.

This whole thing is absurd at this point and needs to be fixed, however that happens. I don't really care how it happens, just that it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being obstinate. I offered to have my PPA affiliation below my screen name. Mason rejected that and said I had to end each and every post with "Rich Muny, PPA Board Member", as if I could ever make an independent post here with that restriction. He then banned me to show me who's boss, then agreed to my original offer like it was a favor. Sorry, but I've worked too hard around here to help progress our cause for this [censored].

I do thank everyone who spoke up for me. I do care only about our right to play.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:52 AM

Engineer,

Welcome back. I got the point they were making that you are working for our cause, and not the PPA only in particular. You were indeed doing your thing here first before being asked to join the PPA. It's just that some here forget that this site is run by a commercial entity that has global concerns that trump particular ones.

Regarding enemies, I don't view Ms. Schulman or other board members whom I have issues with as being enemies either. It's just that they're not our total friends, as in not sharing the wider range of goals many of us have. If a couple of them care more about the success of the PPA than they do in protecting their own vested interests, then they will be willing to resign and be replaced. If not, for whatever reason, then they won't.

The success of the movement, as in the ability of we poker players to play anywhere, anytime in any venue of our choosing, is indeed what is of paramount importance. But we can't be blinded by the moment and allow issues to go unadressed when working on those issues takes time beyond the current legislative cycle.

And although I don't expect you to speak for other board members, I want to note as I have in the past, that the refusal of those other members to at least come here and discuss issues of board composition and transparency speaks volumes about them and the importance they assign to the *posters* of 2p2.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<<<It should be evident that TE, who has indeed worked very hard, has done that hard work not for the direct benefit of 2p2 as a commercial entity, but for the benefit of the PPA.>>>>

Do you really believe this? You sincerely believe that The Engineer has done all the work he has done over the last year simply for the benefit of the PPA as an organization?

Ah. . .the good ole days have returned. Every "last post" in every thread in this forum belongs to BluffThis again. . . and they all say basically the same thing.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Les, I thank you and everyone else who was with me. My only goal has been to get all poker legalized everywhere.

Everyone: This will be my last post on this forum for a while. I really don't need this. Besides, we're progressed beyond where we were a few months ago. I'll be at the PPA forum sometimes, at http://webringamerica.com/4/pokerpla...wforum.php?f=2 .

Take care all,

TE

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job showing everyone who the boss is, Mason. NH, WP, etc.

Les
Old 11-11-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the UIGEA is overturned, it will be in spite of most poker players and 2+2 specifically

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing the brilliant reasoning that led you to that deduction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not provide reasoning, I just need to point to your posts
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Take care all,

TE

[/ QUOTE ]

Engineer,

You posted the above as I was typing my previous post. You are wanted here and I hope you realize that. If your problem is that you feel like you have to add a disclaimer to your posts to make it clear when you are speaking your own views, which is most of the time, instead of as an official rep of the PPA, then I hope you view that as a small effort to make for the cause. Just program an AHK script for your standard disclaimer and tap one key and forget about it.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 AM

Bluffthis, I just do not understand what interests or goals that Mrs. Shulman and other members of the board of directors have that will not benefit my interests as an online poker player or will harm my such interests. Please clarify your concerns with specific interests of such board members that you feel conflict with online poker players.